Choosing and wearing clothes by high school students

elan 3 / 9 1  
TOEFL High shcool students should wear school uniforms or not ?

Choosing and Wearing cloth is an essential part of our life. Being a student in high school, the most part of their lives is study although, we should also have our autonomy to decide what to wear to school.

First, requiring students to wear uniforms, which makes them have the same appearance, is not an appropriate way to cultivate student's individuality. People usually show their personality in wearing cloth, we can guess whether he is an outgoing person or a serious person by the way the dresses himself. However wearing in the same way makes students loosing their self-conscious gradually and limits their creativity.

Contrarily, deciding what to wear themselves is a way to inspire their passion to life, as a young girl, I like to chose the cloth myself. Getting a new graceful dress refreshes me, making me feel better in school life. Thus, it is a kind of entertainment for me.

Second, the quality of school uniforms always poor. Schools usually find economical companies to make uniforms that with high quantity but low quality. When I was a junior high school students, the uniform I wore in winter could not met the need of keeping warm, and setting in the cold classroom with thin cloth made me felt terrible. What's more, students are less likely to wear uniforms in out, which makes uniforms not economic. And purchasing different uniforms for accommodating growing children and changing seasons lead to extra cost for families.

Although, some authorities claims that wearing in the same clothing is a safe strategy of keeping terrorists away since it is obvious to recognize a new people in campus. People who want to harm students with intention can also get a same uniform or just pretend a school faculty. It is not an effective way to protect students from harms.

In short, considering the cost and utility, and other factors, students should decide their clothing themselves.
shiva sai 2 / 8 1  
Hi elan,
i think sometimes standing on one point and making it an argument can make your essay look very impressive. Overall, It is clear coherent but missing strong points!! All the best
Choosing and Wearing cloth is an essential part of our life.

.... this hook does not sound very meaningful... Rather it is not catchy... :(
Cloths are an essential as well as a very important aspect of our lives. .
OP elan 3 / 9 1  
Thanyou for reading my essay through ! And got your point !
Thanks again.
OP elan 3 / 9 1  
Dumi,
Haha, yes, I felt the sentence strange when I finished.
Starting with an appropriate introdution obstructs me a lot, thankyou for listing the tips above!!
behrooz_00133 3 / 3  
attention garabber is good but reworded topic is kind of little weak
First, requiring students to wear uniforms, which makes them have the same appearance, is not an appropriate way to cultivate student's individuality.

.... try to have more prominence to the reason and then give more details about it;
First, uniform does not help develop students' individual personality because they get them share almost the same appearance.

Ok.... you have reasons, but you don't support them with specific examples. You should include examples in your body paragraphs to support your reasons and you will earn marks for them.

Home / Writing Feedback / Choosing and wearing clothes by high school students