Higher education is the surest ticket to a better career life. What is important in schools?

Jadewan 1 / 1  
Do you agree or disagree the following statement?
At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.

Today whether you attend a four-year university or community colleges, higher education is the surest ticket to a better career life. For they bring a wide range of professional and comprehensive training to the students, which covers from the cutting-edge facilities and wide assorted resources such as smart classes and libraries, to the diversified and practical activities as examples of team sports or social clubs, cultivating and improving students' ability both academically and socially. Therefore, i completely agree with the idea of equal financial investment between campus resources and activities to advance students career prospect.

First, resources of classes and libraries undoubtedly play an essentially effective and fundamental role for students to attain the knowledge and skills, by offering powerful and convenient platforms, numerous references for the research and study. For instance, a highly-tech featured classes can run more effectively within the professors and students compared with the traditional classes, particularly for some exceptional free on-line courses offered on Edx and Coursera for instance by some of the universities nowadays. With easy access and unlimited click-in whenever and wherever, these portable classes assist students avoid conventional embarrass situations like running to the classes rashly early in the morning or having to cancel the class when faced of conflict schedules. More excitingly, they can offer courses unconfined to specific majors to broaden students' horizon and further interests with ease, all of which path students better way in learning. Also if combined with large volumes of journals, magazine and master works collected in the libraries, facilities in these universities will surely create big privileges of academic environment attracting more students to develop their research and career in further.

Meanwhile, activities put numerous advances to students attended far more than expect in a totally different way from campus facilities mentioned above. For example, participation in the team sports firstly helps student create a healthy lifestyle, more exercises to strengthen and shape the body and less indulging in the drug and smoke abuse. Furthermore, it wakes up and stimulates students senses of self-esteem to value and explore the life they pursue, senses of empathy towards peers to collaborate with and learn from their competitors, more importantly all of which will eventually contribute to the development of leadership skills in the playing field. As the sports, other social activities like attending a yoga club or getting involved in the volunteer jobs serve almost same functions but variable interests and exhilarating feelings for students. According to statistics, students who become more social and active due to whatever these activities universities offer are more likely to find a better job or get a quicker promotion in their further career than those who doesn't.

Admittedly,the university may be regarded as an academic institution rather than any other functional organization where academic investment should be given first priority. However, the focus should shift to a broader side when we reflect its common purpose-- to develop students to achieve a better job and life which in turn creates more employment and productivity to our society.

Thereby based on the above, i think the two sides of the universities matter equally to deserve a fair financial investment and input.
jricha 2 / 11 1  
great job of providing specific examples. A couple grammar issues in the first sentence of the last paragraph. From my interpretation of the prompt, it sounds like it wants why/why social activities should recieve equal funding, so maybe shorten the part about the libraries and stuff and add another paragraph to the part about why social activities are valuable

Home / Writing Feedback / Higher education is the surest ticket to a better career life. What is important in schools?