Higher petrol price solve growing traffic and pollution problems-- IELTS

Callie0202 5 / 14  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree and disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

In 1920s, petrol was found, and from then on global industries began to run in a completely new way, accompanied by problems of ongoing traffic and pollution. Some people suggested to increase the price of petrol to solve the problems. Though it is easy for the governors to carry out, I however do not think it is the best way .

At the beginning, it cannot be denied that higher price to some certain extent is helpful to decrease the number of transports and the amount of pollution produced by factories. Nevertheless, it is reported that the limited emission of CO2 is only able to prolong the earth life for another40 years. So the best solution to the issues is to explore new energy resource, such as wind, nuclear, water and electricity, since these types of resource is not associated with carbon and is renewable.

These types of resource have more upsides over petrol. Firstly, they are not working in term of carbon burning, so that there is no yield of polluting gas. Secondly, the size of cars can be cut down, because the room for petrol containing and burning will be saved, as a result, the traffic density is going to fall down. Take a new mini-car drove by electricity as an example. This kind of car is very popular in China at present, while its size is merely one third as large as the common one. Consequently, the traffic pressure in huge cities, such as Shanghai and Guangzhou, was relieved significantly.

By and large, the optimal way to solve the traffic and pollution problems is to develop new alternative energy resource rather than to increase the price of petrol. In the future, I hope the number of wind mill, nuclear station and charging station will rise in the world, so that people's lives will be more comfortable.
Some people suggested to increase the price of petrol to solve the problems

.... keep it in present tense; it sounds better :)

Though it is easy for the governors to carry out, I however do not think it is the best way .

Although this action may look as an easy measure to address this issue, I personally believe increasing petrol prices is not the best solution to arrest pollution and traffic problems.

At the beginning, it cannot be denied that higher price to some certain extent is helpful to decrease the number of transports and the amount of pollution produced by factories.

First, it is true that higher prices encourage people to curtail petrol consumption for their transportation by considering other options available for them.

Home / Writing Feedback / Higher petrol price solve growing traffic and pollution problems-- IELTS