historical event stanford grammar; "bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus"

shannon92 15 / 74  
What historical moment or event do you wish you could have witnessed?

Carrie Nation's storming of Speakeasies during Prohibition with an axe (the lady who called herself a "bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus.") Quite a funny historical event.

What were your favorite events (e.g., performances, exhibits, sporting events, etc.) this past year?

My grandparents took me to see Wicked and I loved it; seeing "Defying Gravity" performed was amazing! Also, I really enjoyed Kid Cudi and The Killers concerts'.
davidgoes 5 / 13  
Why did you choose that event? I'm not sure if you should add "quite a funny historical event" at the end

And for your favorite events maybe try to add how attending those events affected you instead of just saying you enjoyed them.

Could you please give me feedback on my stanford intellectual vitality essay?

thankyou!
medelman2010 11 / 31  
Whats the word count on this?

Also, I agree with the poster before me, I think maybe you would be better off saying something along the lines of "Must have been a sight to see" or "What a spectacular event that would have been to witness"- something just slightly less colloquial

Would you mind taking a look at mine? You give such great edits I think it would be really valuable

Thanks!

Home / Writing Feedback / historical event stanford grammar; "bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus"