History of the Circus (Summarize)

zul2805_es 7 / 18  
There has been numerous of public entertainments existing since the ancient world, circus is one of them. It was first founded in the ancient Romans approximately sixth century B.C. Chariot races, gladiator fights, and exotic animals show are the popular entertainment among the spectators which was held in the Circus Maximus in Rome.

After century of the Roman Empire had vanished, the site was permanently closed. It made public entertainment decreased to small groups that traveled from site to site. They catered entertainment of vary talents namely, clowns, jugglers, mimes, and animal trainers. In its dark ages, people barely had leisure time that made people rarely watching circus. Nevertheless, the circus still survived and made a jump off to its magnificence form in eighteenth century.

Philip Astley, in late 1700s, founded the first modern circus by developing in door stadium. After his death, the circus spread to America. In the early 1800s, due to its popularity, US took the circus to the next level which improved it to portable tents. Joshua brown was the men behind it.
Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
Hello

I applied some stylistic adjustments to your text so that it sounds better:

There has [...] Ever since the ancient times, there have been many ways to keep the public entertained - a circus is one of them.
It was first founded in [...]invented by... Romans [...] in...
exotic animals show [...] exhibits, held at the Circus Maximus in Rome, used to be very popular among spectators.
After century [...] Following the collapse of the Roman Empire in the 5th century AD, the site...
It made [...] The task of keeping the public entertained was delegated to the bands of traveling artists.
They catered [...] Clowns, jugglers, mimes, and animal trainers used to deliver entertainment in a variety of different ways.
In its dark ages [...] During the Dark Ages.... leisure time [...], which resulted in the decline of a circus, as the form of public entertainment.
and made [...] a speedy revival during the eighteenth century.
in [..] the late...
After his death [...] a circus has found its way to America.
In the early 1800s [...], performers decided to use portable tents.

I hope this helped. Regards.

Home / Writing Feedback / History of the Circus (Summarize)