history or mathematics?

mahdi 2 / -  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

I dont agree with this opinion. I think that each course has its own advantages for student.students usually learn different courses with diverse subjects in schools. They study history and literature besside mathematics and geometry superficially. But nowadays that science grows enormously, one person can not specialize in one or two aspect of science .So when students learned and studied diverse courses superficially they should select one of them and study more about that in university.I think this method has at least two advantages. firstly, when students study different courses in school they gratually understand what is their interest.So they can study more and specially about their interest in university. secondly,When one person spend his/her time on one aspect of science he/she can learn more about that and maybe he/she invent new things or methods in that field. Natural and mathematical siences are very important .Human has could produce electricity,build huge airplanes ,machines, etc with relying on this sciences.But this donot mean that literature and history are not important .history and literature are our heritage from our ancestor and if we donot understand the past very well we cannot have bright future.
goombaking209 1 / 1  
a better way to word that is the use people instead of human.

People can produce electricity, build large airplanes, machinese, and etc relying on this field of science.

By the way, this is my opinion and I am not the greatest writer but that is how i would word things.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You make some good points in your essay! It just needs a bit of tweaking. I've made quite a few small edits within the parts in bold:

I do not agree with this opinion. I think that each course has its own advantages for students. Students usually learn different courses with diverse subjects in schools. They study history and literature as well as mathematics and geometry, superficially.

But nowadays that science grows enormously, one person can not specialize in one or two aspect of science . - Besides being somewhat ungrammatical, this does not make sense. Doesn't the fact that there is now so much more known science mean that one person has to specialize? You seem to contradict yourself in the next sentence.

So, when students study diverse courses superficially they should select one of them and study more about that in university.I think this method has at least two advantages. Firstly, when students study different courses in school they gradually understand what they are interested in so they can study those subjects more intently.

Secondly, when one person spends his/her time on one aspect of science he/she can learn more about that and maybe invent new things or methods in that field. Natural and mathematical siences are very important . People could not produce electricity, build huge airplanes, machines, etc., without relying on science. But this does not mean that literature and history are not important. History and literature are our heritage from our ancestors and if we do not understand the past very well we cannot have a bright future.

You do a good job of addressing why it is important to study science and math. However, you say little about history and literature and don't really explain why we can't have a "bright future" without them. You might want to expand on this a bit.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / history or mathematics?