Hitler and Stalin - Essay about the Most Ferocious Dictators

hannah1821 1 / -  
The Most Ferocious Dictators: Hitler and Stalin

The holocaust was one of the most horrific events of the twentieth century. There was an estimated nine to eleven million people that died. This was because of the brutal dictatorship that the people had to live under in the twentieth century. Two of the most important dictator's were Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin. These men were the most ferocious dictator's not only in the twentieth century but in the entire history of the world. Although, ,there were many ferocious dictator's in the eighteenth and nineteenth century's, Hitler and Stalin were the worst. They caused more grief and deaths in one decade then another dictator would have an a century. The reason that these two men appeared in the same century is unknown, but in my opinion, they used their circumstances and the people around them to rise to power and do what they thought needed to be done. They just did it at the same time as the other did.

There were a lot of dictator's in the 18th and 19th century's. One important one was Napoleon. He was a french military and political leader who had significant impact on modern history. He was a general during the French Revolution, King of Italy, Mediator of the Swiss Confederation and Protector of the Confederation of the Rhine. He lead many successful campaigns against the first and second coalition against France. In late 1799, Napoleon installed himself as First Consul; five years later he became the Emperor of the French. In the first decade of the nineteenth century, he turned the armies of France against almost every major European power, dominating continental Europe through a lengthy streak of military victories-epitomized through battles such as Austerlitz and through the formation of extensive alliance systems. Napoleon's army eventually fell, and Napoleon was no longer in power.

I think in order to understand Hitler and Stalin, there need's to be some background information. So first, Hitler was born in Austria on April 20, 1889. Hitler grew up and became a politician. He led the National Socialist German Workers Party. He became Chancellor of Germany on January 30, 1933 and Fuhrer in 1934. . After the restructuring of the state economy and the rearmament of the German armed forces, a dictatorship was established by Hitler. Hitler's army was initially successful and the Axis Powers occupied most of Mainland Europe and parts of Asia. Eventually the Allies defeated the Hitler's army. By 1945, Germany was in ruins. Hitler's bid for territorial conquest and racial subjugation had caused the deaths of millions of people. That is what is known as the holocaust. During the final days of the war in 1945, as Berlin was being invaded and destroyed by the Red Army, Hitler married Eva Braun. Less than 24 hours later, the two committed suicide. Next, I am going to talk about Josef Stalin. Staling was born on December 18, 1878 in the Russian Empire. He was the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union's Central Committee from 1922 until his death in 1953. During that time he established the regime now known as Stalinism. As one of several Central Committee Secretariats, Stalin's formal position was originally limited in scope, but he gradually consolidated power and became the party leader and ruler of the Soviet Union. Stalin and his army actually played a huge role in the defeat of Nazi Germany. Under Stalin's leadership, the Soviet Union went on to achieve recognition as one of just two superpowers in the post-war era, a status that lasted for nearly four decades after his death until the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Although the soviet union became very powerful, the people suffered a lot. While the Soviet Union transformed from an agrarian economy to a major industrial powerhouse in a short span of time, millions of people died from hardships and famine that occurred as a result of the severe economic upheaval and party policies. At the end of 1930s, Stalin launched the Great Purges, a major campaign of repression. Millions of people who were suspected of being a threat to the party were executed or exiled to Gulag labor camps in remote areas of Siberia or Central Asia. A number of ethnic groups in Russia were also forcibly resettled. Life was hard for the people living under such a brutal dictator. The camps that the people got sent to were much like the concentration camps put on by the Nazi's in Europe. So, Hitler and Stalin were very similar in their government style's and they both put the people in their country's through harsh and ferocious execution. These two men were the most ferocious dictators in the world, even compared to dictator's from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. I don't think it is a coincidence that both men were born and came to power in the same century. Although, Stalin was helpful in stopping Hitler and his army, he caused more damage then he helped. Hitler didn't help anything. They both used their circumstances, people around them, and different advantages to come to power. As I said before, it wasn't a coincidence.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I think you have written a good essay! It certainly looks as though you've done your research.

I would be glad to help you with corrections, although it will take more than one post due to the length of the essay. Here we go:

There was an estimated... - There were an estimated...

Two of the most important dictator's... - Two of the most important dictators... [Remember, the apostrophe is used to show the possessive or to make a contraction. What you have here is a plural, so no apostrophe. :-)]

ferocious dictator's - ferocious dictator [same thing. I won't show the other times that you did this with dictators and centuries; I'm sure you get the idea.]

Although, ,there were many - Although there were many

french - French

He lead many - He led many

I'll look at the rest in the next posts, but first I want to ask: are you required to cite your resources for this paper? I just want to remind you that it is important to cite information, and particularly exact wording, that you get from another source. Of course, if your instructor did not ask you to do this, then you're OK as is.

Now, on to the next post!

Sarah
EssayForum.com
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Allies defeated the Hitler's army. - Allies defeated Hitler's army. [This time, the apostrophe is correct!]

the holocaust. - the Holocaust [It's usually capitalized when referring to this specific event.]

Staling - Stalin [Oops--typo!]

Although the soviet union - Although the Soviet Union

more damage then he helped. - more damage than he helped.

I think that if you look very carefully for words with inappropriate apostrophes, you'll find quite a few. Other than that, I can only remind you (yes, again!) to use citations, if they're required.

Good luck, and thanks!

Sarah
EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / Hitler and Stalin - Essay about the Most Ferocious Dictators