Do you agree or disagree that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people?
- I strongly disagree that being honest is the most important thing taken into account of the relationships between people. The main reason is that there are some situations where it's better for us to tell 'white lies' for good intentions. In addition, other virtues besides honesty would also be crucial to me to judge a relationship.
- To begin with, telling the truth, to some extent, would be hurtful in the relationship between friends. As a friend, I'd like to give my compliment to one of my sensitive friend on her new painting. Not only because she merely takes up her painting course not long ago, but also I think 'truth' may hurt her feelings. (I don't know what's next to write after this example)
- Secondly, telling lies sometimes brings people hope and inspiration. A recent research conducted by a college in Berlin suggests that patients who keep depressed about their conditions have less than 9.7 percent chances to recover from the illness. Believe it or not, a doctor would be better to say something good to his patients. (I don't know what's next to write after this example)
- Finally, as far as l concerned, being altruistic and considerate is the important consideration for me to judge a relationship. I would be feel comfortable with someone who are likely to take my feeling into account.
- People tell 'white lies' from time to time for some good intention. Overall, I consider other virtues more important in an relationship than telling the truth.