Writing Task I _ Household's Basic Needs Expenses

Hujjatul19 45 / 70 3  
The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in a country in 1950 and 2010.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given pie charts compare household's basic needs expenses between 1950 and 2010. The data is measured by percentage. At a glance, money spent on housing and education experienced a significant drop while other figures increased significantly.

In 1950, expenses contributed mostly on housing where it took almost three fourth of the overall expenditures. It then followed by food that pulled 11.2% and education needs seized 6.6%. Whereas, 60 years later, the massive differences came from housing and education needs where they fell to 22% and 6.3% respectively.

Moreover, other figures such as health care, transportation and other that took only 2.4%, 3.3% and 4.4% respectively in 1950 improved noticeably. The expenditures of food rose over threefold increase to 34% and it then dominated the household expenses in 2010. Besides, healthcare experienced double improvement compared to 60 years ago. Next, transportation and other inclined considerably as well to 14% and 19.2% each figure.

AhmadNashran 9 / 13 1  
Hi Hujjatul19, here I have some suggestion for your writing

... household's basic needs(as I know, there is no plural form as modifier) expenses between ...

... transportation and others that took only ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task I _ Household's Basic Needs Expenses