IELTS WRITING TASK 2 : HOUSES VS APARTMENTS

notbythemoon 1 / -  
Hi this is my essay, I'd be thankful if you leave some advice, thank you!

arguments for and against houses and apartments

Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment.
Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment?

People have different views about whether living in houses or apartments. While it is often stated that there are great benefits to stay in houses, I would argue that apartments are better places to live due to some advantages.

Regarding to houses, some people stated that it would be better to stay in a house with their own garden, especially for people who enjoy gardening or raising pets. As you live in a house, you do not need to use public garages, it would be more convenient for car collectors to have spaces in order to maintain their interests.

On the other hand, apartments have their own attractions for its benefits. In major cities, apartments are choosen to live mostly by young people. Apartments provide a much more comfortable and safe way of living for busy people constantly working and studying. Moreover, compared to houses, apartments are much more beneficial to afford, people can buy immediately or pay by installments which is up to personal finance. In addition, apartments particularly locate in central cities with much morden facilities which is suitable for a trending lifestyle.

However, when it comes to privacy, apartments might not be a good choice, where noise pollution and lack of securities occur widely. People are possibly live next to some impolite neighbors which can cause conflicts and even losing belongings due to low-qualified local security.

Not everyone can afford a house. For low income people, it would be a problem to maintain a house and run it properly.
To sum up, there are strong arguments for and against houses and apartments, they both certainly have pros and cons. But in my view, I must say that apartments seem a gift of modern way of life.
This is not a 5 paragraph essay. This only a 4 paragraph essay because the discussion requires you to discuss only a single opinion. It is not a comparative discussion with personal opinion essay. You have overwritten in this task. You should be focusing only on the discussion that you support in the given statement, that is the advantage aspect. The stronger discussion presentation for this type of essay is always the one that focuses only on the defense and support of a single opinion.

Do not break from the formatting requirements. The essay paragraphs must always have a minimum of 3 sentences. Your paraphrase, 2nd paragraph, 4th, and 5th paragraph presentation are not in accordance with the required discussion format. It would be better for your overall score if you stuck to the expected paragraph count and also, the expected number of sentences (3-5 sentences).
nhiuyen 2 / 2  
these are sentences you are wrong in grammar :
fixed
+regard to houses ,some ...
+... are chosen to ...
+... with much modern...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2 : HOUSES VS APARTMENTS