'You must be humble' - exemplification paper on respect

bentleysmomma 1 / -  
This is my exemplification essay. I am writing on respect. I need suggeestions or corrections on grammar, anything??? please help

The world is filled with people, of all different kinds; Caucasian, African American, Asian, tall, short, fat, skinny. At the end of the day, all of mankind is created equally, which means we all deserve to be treated with respect. The most important thing is that we treat others the way we want to be treated.

My whole life I was taught to have respect for others and myself. I never really grasped how important the word respect is until I grew older. This small word has such a huge meaning. Respect means to have confidence in someone, in how you feel about them, as a person. It means to care and understand the morals of a human being. If you believe someone is a good person and they are doing the right things in life, then you tent to have respect for them. You can also have respect for something if it is what you admire. Say for example, if you admire women who have been abused by their spouse and left, then you would tend to have respect for them. You lose respect for the things that you don't admire. If you don't like abusive men, then you most likely wouldn't respect one. That isn't to say that if you don't respect someone that you shouldn't show manners toward them.

When you respect someone, you show it. There are many different ways to show respect. Some ways to show respect are getting your lazy rump out of the chair for the elder in the room, putting your phone away while someone is talking to you, saying please and thank you, and saying mam, or sir. If someone were to have on unique or different clothes than you are used to, the right thing to do would be to respect them rather than making fun of them for dressing differently. It's important to give respect to everyone. You show respect when you are polite to others and show manners towards them, to make them feel valued.

Every Sunday after church, my family would meet at my grandma's house and we would all eat what we call "supper", which was our lunch. Someone would always be there to hold the door open for papa Nichols. He was old, and well respected. He had lived a long life as a soldier. He had been with my grandmother for 57 years before he passed away. After supper was finished cooking, we all made our plates and took a seat at the table. There usually wasn't enough room at the table for us young kids. So my cousins, brothers, sisters, and I would offer our seats up to the adults if they needed them. If we needed anything, we always made sure to say "will you please pass the ketchup?", or whatever we wanted, and to say thank you. We knew better than to wear a hat inside of the house or to have our elbows on the table.

In order to not be disrespectful, you must be humble, to accept people how they are. Not to judge a person without knowing their story. We are all human. We are all different. We are not perfect, by any means. But we most certainly, all deserve respect.
nmckenziedesign 1 / 2  
Hi Stacey -

I would suggest changing your sentence to.... He lived a long life as a solider. He and my grandmother were married 57 befoe his passing.
Throughout my whole life, I was taught to have respect for others and myself.

If you believe someone is a good person and they are doing the right things in life, then you tend to have respect for them.

... saying please and thank you, and saying ma'am , or sir.

There usually wasn't enough room at the table for us young kids, so my cousins, brothers, sisters, and I would offer our seats up to the adults if they needed them.

In order to not be disrespectful, you must be humble, to accept people the way they are.

We should not judge a person without knowing their story.

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / 'You must be humble' - exemplification paper on respect