HUNGER AND INSURGENCE: IELTS TASK 2

shofa_nefertete 12 / 35  
Question: As the years have come, more and more technological and scientific improvement have surfaced. However, there is still an increasing trend of hunger and insurgence around the world. Why do you think this is still happening then? Give one relevant solution.

The influx of technology and proliferation of scientific advancement have been evidently booming in leaps and bound. Such development never guarantees the alleviation of hunger and global security. Financial incapacity and greed have been the main culprits of this unending story of turmoil.

The dispute of the reign of power and technology continues and no one knows when it will stop if ever it will. Though developed countries gear themselves to a futuristic and comfortable lifestyle, however Third World Countries cannot rival such success. Underdeveloped nations' incapacity to finance the use of technology to pacify hunger and rebellion should get the blaming fingers. For example, the invention of Robert Hooke on the microscope, the introduction of airplanes of the Wright Brothers, and the discovery of Thomas Edison's lightbulb lead the world to some higher pedestal of sight, light, and flight respectively. In spite of such discoveries, countries like ours, the Philippines, cannot fully realized such ingenuity and scientific movement since the economic stability and ongoing insurgencies in Mindanao are piling up to the country's headache. Genetically modified food alternatives and nuclear warfare can be good means to cease the dragging threats of hunger and security threats, but the government cannot suffice such lofty vision of comfort through technology.

One good solution to the pressing problem of economic impotency would be tying up financial help and technology aids among developed and progressive countries. This is where the true definition of globalization can truly be imbibed. To cite a scenario, Philippines can strengthen international relations with the first world countries like Japan, United States, Sweden, and Russia to borrow some funds for technological upliftment to the country. The nation could hire some experts on the field of science to find ways on how to use technology to eradicate perennial hunger concerns and peace issues. This is just one of the several solutions that can make our country great again.

Financial matters may get all the blame for such impossibility to happen, but we should not keep whining since they are other ways that nourishment and solidarity can be achieved even without advancement of technology at hand.

In the end, we should always come to a point of balancing both priorities on hunger and war since technology is just another wasteful investment if such vicious cycle of global problems never cease.
scarecrowd 8 / 16  
leaps and bounds

I feel like a sentence is missing from that first paragraph. It'll be great to add one more sentence to that paragraph to specify what, precisely, you want to say.

Do not use 'though' and also 'however.' Just use one:
Though developed countries gear themselves to a futuristic and comfortable lifestyle, Third World Countries cannot...

And one more correction:
The nation could hire some experts in the field of science to find ways on how to use technology to eradicate perennial hunger concerns and promote peace.

Do not eradicate peace issues; eradicate hunger, and promote peace.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / HUNGER AND INSURGENCE: IELTS TASK 2