TOEFL IBt Integrated task - decreasing number of sea otter (western coast of US)

masih65 4 / 6 1  
Please score and correct my essay. Thanks in advance!

The writer claims that environmental pollution leads to decreasing number of sea otter that lives in water along the western coast of North America from California to Alaska. However, the lecturer rebuts the author's reasons and asserts that attacks by predators is the most important reasons for that issue.

First, the passage asserts that oil rigs and industrial chemical resources, based on water sample evidences, causes to decline number of sea otters. In contrast, the speaker believes that if chemical substances has killed these animals, we would see the corpse of dead animal on there regularly. However, hunted animals may be eaten by the predators and anyone couldn't see those.

Second, other types of sea mammals were also declining along coastal regions of North America. So it shows that environmental pollution plays an important role. On the other hands, it seems that human hunters killed a large number of whales, the main source of nourishments for orca, so it causes to change orca's diet to sea otter and other types of sea mammals such as sea lions.

Third, the author believes that uneven pattern of otter declines reveals this fact that environmental pollution affects on decreasing number of otters. However, she asserts that uneven pattern could prove innocent of environmental pollution. Since, evidences show that number of sea otters stay unchanged on inaccessible places because gigantic orcas can't reach to rocky or shallow regions.
However, the lecturer rebuts the author's reasons and asserts that attacks by predators is the most important reasons for that issue.
.... well, I think it should be the most important reason, isn't that so?
First, according to the passage,asserts that oil rigs and industrial chemical resources, based on water sample evidences, are the causes tofor the decline in the number of sea otters.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL IBt Integrated task - decreasing number of sea otter (western coast of US)