Toefl iBT, integrated task: Invasive plants are a growing problem.

tuanlnc 10 / 36  
Hi everybody,

Please review & show me errors I made in this essay.

Thanks,

The author warns that invasive plants harm both native plants and animals, and the speaker asserts negative effects of garlic mustard which is an invasive species.

The author states that invasive plants are becoming problem for native species; gardeners brought nonnative plants from other places and planted them for food and medicine because of their hardy, drought-resistent properties, and their beauty. They grow aggressively and widly when living in a nappropriate environment. Consequently, they thrust out native species by shading, competing with vines, or depleting nutrients. Native plants and animals are decrease significantly and ecological system may be destroyed.

The speaker supports the reading passage by describing garlic mustand's threating to native spring-blooming plants as well as animal. Garlic mustard spreads strongly and strangles light, nutrients and space. In addition, white butterfly is affected due to its food sources are reduced and garlic mustard produces chemical toxic to its eggs. In nineteenth centery, they appeared in Long Island; now they spread over easten and mid-western of Amecica.
Jeannie 10 / 214  
Tuan, What is your assignment? It appears that you are writing a book report...or something like it. Please always include the instructions so that we know what you are attempting to write about.

Let me know :)
Blue skies!

Jeannie
OP tuanlnc 10 / 36  
Hi Jeannie,

This is a Toefl iBT integrated writing task. After reading a passage & listening a lecture, I must write an essay in twenty minutes to summarize both of them. Also, the essay should compare or contrast main points of reading passage and the lecture.

I can't upload the reading passage as well as the lecture. If you have experience with this kind of task, please review & give me your comments.

Thanks,

Tuan.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl iBT, integrated task: Invasive plants are a growing problem.