The TOEFL ibt: People who have different interests and personalities cannot be friend

minminmay 1 / 1  
The following is my first composition here. Thank you for reviewing! :)

Many people will consider that if he or she wants to make friends, his or her new friend should have the same interests with him or her. This is because they have the same topic to discuss with each other. But if the new friend does not have the same interest with him or her, he or she also can make friends with him or her. There are some reasons.

First of all, if someone who does not have the same interest with him or her, this person can share different experiences with him or her. For example, someone likes to go to bookstores to buy books, but he or she just likes to go to library to borrow books. This is because buying books are more expensive than borrowing books. However, he or she can introduce benefits of borrowing books for his or her new friend. They maybe go to the library together in the future.

Second, many people usually say if someone wants to marry another person, his or her personality should be different. For example, if a husband does not like to talk with other people, he need to find a wife who is talkative. This is because one can listen to another person carefully and another person can say smoothly.

Last but not least, new friend who does not have the same interest with him or her, the new friend can share his or her experiences with him or her. For instance, the new friend can tell what interesting things occur when he or she went mountain climbing or went to go travel around the world. Although he or she does not like to do these activities, he or she also considers that his or her new friend is so interesting.

In conslusion, someone who does not have the same interests and personality with him or her, they also will be friends in one day. After all, not everyone has the same interests or personality with another person in the world. Everythings will be changed every muinute.
Hi

Many people will consider that if he or she wants to make friends, his or her new friend should have the same interests with him or her. --------- I feel you need to improve clarity of this sentence a bit more as it is the opening of your essay. I suggest;

Many people would like to consider the fact that other people too share their own interests when they want to make new friendships.

This is because they have the same topic to discuss with each other. But even if the new friend does not have the same interestswith him or her , he or she can stillmakebe a good friendswith him or her . There are somefor several other reasons.
Hi mimminmay, I think you are beyond the level of the toefl, ready to tackle more difficult things. Your English is almost perfect.

Let me suggest simplifying this a little, though:
Last but not least, when a person has a new friend who does not have the same interest with him or her, they can share their different experiences. For instance, the new friend can tell what interesting things occurred when he or she went mountain climbing or went to go travel around the world. ---Great job! Look at the small changes I made.

Although he or she does one friend does not like to do these activities, he or she also considers the new friend to be very interesting.

You spelled minute wrong at the end! Little typo.
Okay, most importantly, do not use him or her too much. His or her and him or her... it is awkward and clunky!

:-)
bahareh 18 / 50  
Hi;

First of all, if someone who does not have the same interest with him or her, this person can share different experiences with him or her...I think you need stronger topic sentences for each pargraph. I suggest it;

first of all, people might not have the same interest with their friends but they are willing to find different experieces.... or
second, it is true that the most spouses have different characterestics from each other which is good for their marriage.
bahareh
OP minminmay 1 / 1  
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I will think twice and make efforts to do well. :D

Home / Writing Feedback / The TOEFL ibt: People who have different interests and personalities cannot be friend