Toefl IBT Writing, Topic: Grades based on exams or on class participation.

khouryjok 1 / 1  
Hello,
Please i need someone to help to have a better writing. i am preparing for the toefl ibt test.

this is the topic: Grades based on exams or on class participation?

development: (342 words)

Grades are very important because it marks the abilities of the student and tells how mush a student is competitive and well working.
Courses grades differs from a class to another, it could be based solely on exams or more on class participation.
As far as I am concerned, i think that the perfect grade is the one taking into consideration of both exams and class participation in an equal way.

To begin with, exams are very important and must be taken into consideration because they test the students work and knowledge under pressure. It identifies the student outcome when he is working alone and without the help or presence of someone else. Moreover, I think that exams oblige the student to study and be knowledgeable on a certain topic, it pushes him to work to get a high grade. And also, i think that exams are very accurate in terms of knowing if the student is good in some fields of his studies.

In the same way that graded exams are important, it is also very effective to put grades on class participation. I think that when class participation is graded, it obliges me to stay awaken in class and listen to the professor, ask him questions, and thus, understand in a better way the lesson. Furthermore, I also think that putting grades on class participation

is a way for the students that didn't do well in the exam, to try to raise their average and try to succeed in the course. It is like a second chance.

As an example of that, lately in the math course, i didn't do well in the final exam, but my participation in the class was very good, and this helped me to succeed in the course.

Finally, In my opinion, taking into consideration both exams and class participation equally is the best choice. I think graded exams are important because it test the student ability to work alone in a certain case, and grading class participation pushes the student to work hard in class.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Grades are very important because they mark the abilities of the student and tells how much a student is competitive and well working.

Courses grades differs from one class to another, and it could be based solely on exams or more on class participation.

As far as I am concerned, I think that the perfect grade is the one taking into consideration of both exams and class participation in an equal way.---I agree!

They identify the student's outcome when he is working alone and without the help or presence of someone else.

Moreover, I think that exams oblige the student to study and be knowledgeable on a certain topic, and they pushes him to work to get a high grade.

And also, I think that exams are very accurate in terms of knowing if the student is good in some fields of his studies.

As an example of that, lately in the math course, I---Don't forget to capitalize your 'I's!--- didn't do well in the final exam, but my participation...

I think graded exams are important because they test the student's ability to work alone in a certain case, and grading class participation pushes the student to work hard in class.

:)
oladapo 3 / 6  
It is a quite lovely write up but I would love to see better transitions because it really matters when writing a toefl Ibt. My transitions actually helped during my test.
OP khouryjok 1 / 1  
Thanks for your help EF_Susan, I will make sure to capitalize my "I"'s :D

I will work on my transitions. Thanks for your help oladapo

regards

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl IBT Writing, Topic: Grades based on exams or on class participation.