The idea to study English in an English-speaking country - IELTS 2: agree or disagree essay

mzoetemdroomm 1 / -  

English-studying for example in the UK, USA - best option

Studying the English language in an English-speaking country is the best but not the only way to learn language. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

English, nowadays, has become the most common language with the rapidly increasing number of English-studying people. There are many strategies which are found to learn effectively the language. I totally agree with the statement the best way, but not the only to improve English is learning the language in English-speaking countries.

First and foremost, English, like other languages, should be studied in the environment which is most of the native speakers due to the fact that they are the most fluent and best at their mother tongue. The foreigner people in English-speaking countries may find it easier to imitate the exact pronunciation as well as the intonation. The more time learners absorb, the better they are. Furthermore, this way also saves more time compared to other ways. English environment lets learners study without even realizing. For example, people, whose first language is not English, must use English everyday to communicate in daily activities, namely talking to the shop assistant in a supermarket and asking for help. Learners, consequently, become better gradually.

Secondly, studying English in English-speaking countries is good but not the only method because of other effective ways, especially, learning online. It is not demanding to find English sources and materials online these days. The learners can join an online class which is taught by English speakers, or easier, they can watch English videos on the Internet and then practice their speaking along with listening. Besides learning online, joining an English club is a helpful way to improve English. These clubs hold many activities for members to practice English, for instance, becoming a free tour guide of English-speaking people.

In conclusion, I agree that studying English in the English-speaking countries is the most useful way to learn the language; however, there are many other ways that learners can apply to be fluent in English.
anhpnguyen 4 / 4 1  
The foreigner people non-native speakers in may find it ... pronunciations as well as ...

I think you should find better transition words because first and foremost and secondly does not show the right connection between paragraph 1 and 2. I think you also can use more academic words to gain better score. Eg: foreign people => non-native speakers
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@mzoetemdroomm
A couple of things to take note of.
I would avoid using words that drag your essay. I mention this a lot, but I find that ESL learners have a tendency to use words that are "heavy" instead of using ones that can shorten and create a more concise environment for the essay.

For instance, I would revise your introduction sentence as:
English has now become the most commonly studied language with the rapid rise of non-native learners.
Instead of mentioning the word English twice in the sentence, I had used the word language to refer to it. This can avoid repetitions. As I always say to people: omit what you can omit. A more straightforward approach will better your writing.

This can be applicable even to your second to the last paragraph.
For instance, I could shorten and revise your first sentence here as:
Secondly, there are other more effective means to learn the language rather than staying in an English-speaking country. A good example would be online courses.

This delivers your message in a more comprehensible manner.
Moreover, I suggest adding more substance to your conclusion. It is not clear what criteria you are basing your opinion from. Always ensure that you make mention of the details you have mentioned above (briefly, of course) to maximize the content of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / The idea to study English in an English-speaking country - IELTS 2: agree or disagree essay