Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

[IELST TASK 1] The average number of hours per week that men and women spend doing houseworks

Cruella 7 / - 5  
The bar chart shows the average number of hours per week that men and women spend doing activities around the home.

The bar chart compares the amount of time spent by people of two different genders, male and female, when they are home. Generally , a noticeable fact in this graph is that women spend most of their time at home on household chores such as cooking, cleaning the house, washing up, and gardening, whereas men prefer to spend their time at home on recreations.

Overall, women spend more time doing housework than men do. The house chore that take women's time most is cooking, in which women spend 15 hours per week, as nearly twice as the average hours of men. Similarly, 5 hours per week are the time that women spend on cleaning the house, approximately one and per half time more than men do. In term of washing clothes, it takes men 5 hours in a week to do, around 3 hours less than those of women. However, unlike the others, the number of hours that men spend on gardening slightly more than women's one, about 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours respectively.

On the contrary, the number of hours spent on recreations of men is far higher than that of women as a whole. Besides reading, in which it takes men a little bit less time than women to do, suffering the Internet and watching television are both activities that men exceptionally prefer more than women do. Suffering the Internet is the most typical example, in which the average hours spent by men, around 13 hours per week, are over three times more than those of women, approximately 4 hours per week.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELST TASK 1] The average number of hours per week that men and women spend doing houseworks