IELST : Letter : Complaint letter regarding work problems

chwong 3 / 5  
You recently took a part-time job working for a local company. After a few weeks, you realised there were some problems with the job.

Write a letter to the manager of the company. In your letter
1. explain why you took the job.
2. describe the problems that you experienced
3. suggest what could be done about them.

Hiong, Wong
34, Collin St,
3148, Chadstone
VIC

Mr. Chua,
IT manager,
20 Margot st,
3126, Surrey Hill,
VIC

Subject: Problems faced at work

I am Hiong, Wong who has worked as a part-time helpdesk support at your department. I like to work as helpdesk support because it not only given me opportunity to enrich my experience yet it also provide a platform to improve my communication skills. I have opportunity to communicate with different level person, which has polished my communication ability.

Notwithstanding, I am enjoying my work but I have been facing some problems during the work. Every times, when I started my session of work, I found difficult to read follow-up note by some of collegues and sometimes the note was missed. I did try to communicate with them regarding my problems, nevertheless, I feel that the improvement is not meet the expectation. I remembered that, due to unclear message, I have had requested the customer repeat their problem to me. This has wasted customer time and give a bad image to customer of our service provided.

As a result, I would like to make a suggestion that we record the follow-up note in Microsoft Excel. This can reduce the time to recognise the hand writing of a person and avoid any missing records. In addition, we can trace any historical record easily. This can ensure efficiency work and provide fast respond service to customers. I have enclosed my template of suggestion what information we should be recorded. I do hope that you my take consideration of my suggestion. Every small steps improvement will lead to a success of each task.

Your sincerely,
Hiong, Wong
viviana15077 7 / 21  
Hi Hiong Wong,

I noticed a few errors:
1) Every time...(not times)
2)when I started my session of work, I found difficulty to read follow-up note
3) I feel that the improvement is not meet the expectation ( I would say : no measures have been taken to... )
4) Notwithstanding, I am enjoying my work but I have been facing some problems during the work.( I dont think you can put" but" after notwithstanding. However, notwithstanding can came after " but" such as I enjoy my work but I have faced some problem notwithstanding)

:)
kissingyou0912 8 / 29  
because it not only given--> gives
it also provide--> provides
I found difficult--> I found it difficult
was missed.--> was missing
is not meet --> didn't meet
This has wasted customer time and give --> this wastes customers time and gives
hope it helps :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELST : Letter : Complaint letter regarding work problems