IELTs_Task 2_The causes of stress in college student - the university' life will be colorful and des

Tynna 2 / 2  

Essay about The causes of stress in college students

.
Under the present circumstances, students turn out to face with the multitude of difficulties when entering to universities or colleges. Specifically, stress, one of the most debated matters, is assumed to hinder considerably on learners. As this universal phenomenon is relatively dominant, it is undoubted that social scientists are learning more about its financial and academic causes. They have found that stress can lead to both psychological and physical effects.

Finance, initially turns out to be one of the fundamental causes which makes teens and adolescents stressed out. For example, tuition housing and necessities are noticed factors since attending universities in which students take a high concern on. Thus, finding part-time job to support their parents' income brings some obstacles for studying because of feeling guilty about spending their parents' money. Furthermore, today, teenagers are overly stressed out since influencing from their professors, parents as well as guardian in school curriculum. As school grades or even scholarship are intensely competitive for students among others.

Notwithstanding, every cause is relative to its consequence. Stress at least in some cases can stem from financial and academic aspects. Thereby, these result in two main fields, both are psychologically and physically. The first outcome is on psychological platform. Students in the long term have to suffer from depression and anxiety due to being put under the pressure. Also, problems coordinated with cognitive functioning inevitably bring to students who tend too unable to concentrate on studying in regular. Physical effects, besides, would not be underestimated. Headaches and insomnia in a specific instance are demonstrated to devastate health when suffering for a long time. Hence, these offer detrimental downsides on both mentally and physically to younger generations in universities these days.

All of this being said that, although these adverse effects could originate from financial and academic causes of stress, if youngster are more aware of those mishaps and continually investigate methods to go through it, I believe the university' life will be colorful and desirable.
I am not sure why you decided to focus on students and the stress factors that they face in this essay. The reason why I am questioning your approach to the topic is because it runs counter to the actual prompt requirement. The prompt topic for discussion is based on stress being a major problem across the world, Nowhere in the original prompt was there a focus or even a mention of students. That is why when you mentioned the factors that contribute to stress and ways by which it can be reduced, your essay went further away from the original prompt. Just to prove my point:

OT: Stress is now a major problem in many countries around the world.
OP: What are some of the factors in modern society that cause this stress, and how can we reduce it?

What you said was:

YT: ...students turn out to face with the multitude of difficulties when entering to universities or colleges. Specifically, stress...
YP: They have found that stress can lead to both psychological and physical effects.

As you can see, the TA assessment for this essay will show that your prompt rephrasing has barely responded to the task, bringing your possible score down to a 2. While you are discussing the effects of stress, your audience is incorrect (student rather than global), and you do not present any suggestions regarding how to reduce stress. As such, your essay will not be able to reach the 5 band score. It is not possible because the essay contains other errors with regards to LR, C&C, along with GRA presentation problems. Collectively adding to the downward score of your final version.

One piece of advice before I go. You should not be writing 330 words for a 40 minute hand written task. You can only write anywhere between 250-290 words. Remember, the reason you failed is because you just went ahead and typed your essay, when you should be handwriting first, and you did not bother to check if your essay responded to the prompt requirements. That lack of effort in double checking your content is the main reason you did not do a good job in developing this essay. Had you double checked the prompt requirements, you would have seen that you were way off base with regards to your prompt response.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTs_Task 2_The causes of stress in college student - the university' life will be colorful and des