IETLS GT 1: Bus problems

peterc 14 / 52  
Hi All,

This is another letter writing I wrote. Please give some comments and corrections...your help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

You travel by bus every weekday, and you always use the same bus route.

Recently the bus has not been reliable. You have also noticed that the bus is dirtier than it used to be.

Write a letter to the manager of the bus company. In your letter
- introduce yourself and explain why you are writing
- explain the situation
- suggest what should be done to improve the service.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a student of Sunny high school, and a regular bus passenger who takes the 59a route from Monday to Friday in a weekly basis. I am writing to complain about the unreliable schedule and tidiness issue of the bus route.

The bus used to arrive at the bus stop near my home at 8am. Recently it did not arrive on time and sometimes missed the schedule. Even worse, a lot of graffiti appeared on the interior of the bus within these few weeks. Normally the bus staff would clean the wall and clear the painting, however these drawings remained which affected the tidiness of the bus.

I would like to suggest the drives to be much more punctual to meet the schedules, since it would led to the lateness of a large group of passengers. Additionally, staffs should clean the bus more frequently, such as three or four times a week. I sincerely hope the situation to be vastly improved in the near future.

Yours faithfully,
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi, here are a few suggestions:

I am a student of Sunny high school, and a regularweekly bus passenger who takes the 59a route from Monday to Friday.in a weekly basis.

I am writing to complain about the unreliable schedule and the lack of tidiness issueofon the bus route.

Recently, it did not arrive on time and sometimes missed the schedule.

Normally, the bus staff would clean the wallson a regular basis.and clear the painting,H owever, these drawings remained, which affected the tidiness of the bus.

I would like to suggest the drivesrides to be much more punctual,in order to meet the schedule.The bus must run on time, since itswould led to the lateness would delay manyof a large group of passengers. Additionally, the staff should clean the bus more frequently, such as three or four times a week. I sincerely hope the situation towill be vastly improved in the near future.
OP peterc 14 / 52  
Hi Jennyflower81,

Thank you for the correction! I think I would focus on essay writing first, as it takes much more effort!

Home / Writing Feedback / IETLS GT 1: Bus problems