The illustrations detail changes that occurred in the town of Langley from 1910 to 1950

thien le 2 / 8 3  

The maps below show the town of Langley in 1910 and 1950.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The illustrations detail changes that occurred in the town of Langley from 1910 to 1950.

From an overall perspective, it is readily apparent that the town has become more commercial with more commercial complexes and stores, and the only areas remaining unchanged are two streets.

As can be seen from the map in 1910, two rows of two houses had been divided two sides by Jordan street in the West area of the town. Moving on, there was Sherman Street, which had separated into North and South areas, in the middle Langley in 1910. A row of residential houses had been built in the North of Sherman Street; store and laundry next to these houses. To the north of the area, the industrial factory had been layout and next to it had been a wasteland. Further, more apartments in the South compared to North had been adjacent to a cafe shop which had been opposite railway workers' cottage with a quite far distance. Also, the accommodation of railway employments had been near to railway line.

We can see the map of Langley in 1950 that it became a commercial town. The row of townhouses was replaced by three flats. In the center of town, the block's apartments were demolished to open Sherman Park and the children's play area. In the east of the town, while old cafe shop was moved to the laundry store's previous position, and the laundry store was reintroduced of the old factory and row of the apartment into Sherman Mansions.

The writer should have identified the number of illustrations provided to add clarity to his claim that the comparisons cover progressive years rather than 2 exclusive years. The comparison statement made in the summary overview is inaccurate because the reference to "from 1910 to 1950" indicates several images depicting the slow progression or development of the community over a period of years. However, only 2 images, explaining the differences in the town during 2 specific years were made. There is no steady progression involved so a reference to such must not have been made in the summary presentation.

the phrase "readily apparent" should not be used when a comparison of 2 images is required. There is nothing readily apparent because the differences in images need to be studies, analyzed, and reported to the reader. The writer should not exaggerate the presentation by using presentation words that do not truly apply to the procedure of comparison. The "readily apparent" reference can only be safely used in single image representations as those are more scannable than multiple images data.
OP thien le 2 / 8 3  
Thanks for your advice so much

Home / Writing Feedback / The illustrations detail changes that occurred in the town of Langley from 1910 to 1950