imagination vs. perspiration - CBEST

flavia03 7 / 9  
Topic: some have argued that imagination is not as important as perspiration. to what extent do you agree or disagree with this argument? Support your opinion with specific examples.

Let me know if I have a thesis of statement, and how well i answer the prompt.

The famous light bulb inventor, Thomas Edison, said "genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." Without the idea of building something great and extraordinary the hard work is not worth much. Therefore to have a bit of creativity, and imagination is the key and purpose for endeavoring. Thus, the spark of vision is just the beginning of developing light, searching the cure for cancer, and design future cars.

Although Thomas Edison is known for his many inventions, the light bulb was simple a developed idea flowing in the late eighteenth century for fifty years. At that time, the concept of light was not understood by many. However, Edison understood that an electric lighting system contained all the elements necessary to make the incandescent light practical, safe and economical. After one and a half years of work, success was achieved when an incandescent lamp with a filament of carbonized sewing thread burned for thirteen and a half hours. While most of the attention was on the discovery of the right kind of filament that would work, Edison actually had to invent a total of seven system elements that were critical to the practical application of electric lights as an alternative to the gas lights that were prevalent in that day.

While technology advanced so did stem cell research in the field of medicine. Stem cells are cell lines that have not yet developed into specific line cells, therefore with the proper growth medium they can exhibit any type of cells. Many scientists realized that such cells can be useful in trying to treating cancer. Once the cell hit the market, many well known institutions began work developing a cure for cancer patients. As presented by the University of Michigan, researchers have developed more effective treatments for cancers like childhood leukemia, Hodgkin's disease and testicular cancer. Yet a complete cure is not known, but with hard working scientists in laboratories spread across the country, an answer is on the way.

The oil companies have been raising their gas prices in order to keep profit coming in, but how great would it be, if cars ran on electricity rather than gas? Fossil fuels are decreasing in abundance and as scientists have predicted in a century the world would have consumed all the oil of the earth. Mechanical and electrical engineers have announced the future electric care would be available next year for purchase, but they have been working on it over the last seven years. Only now we see a complete manufactured electric car.

Every magnificent work is based on an idea, a plan, a scheme, which takes only a moment, a month, maybe a year. From here the imagination begins to develop into something real, unique, magnificent. It takes years to completely understand and complete the proper tests before a product is released on market. Hard work, perspiration, and knowledge are the building blocks to new household utilities, treatments, and transportation.
Therefore to have a bit of creativity, and imagination is the key and purpose for endeavoring. Therefore, a bit of creativity and imagination can be the driving force behind an endeavor.

Thus, the spark of vision is just the beginning of developing light, searching the cure for cancer, and design future cars. The actualization of these things requires work.

Although Thomas Edison is known for his...

:-)

Start each paragraph with a topic sentence that tells the main idea of the paragraph. Then, let the paragraph unfold.

Home / Writing Feedback / imagination vs. perspiration - CBEST