Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

the immediate problems of today OR anticipated problems of the future

rochun 1 / -  
ISSUE56 - "Governments should focus more on solving the immediate problems of today rather than trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future."

I concede that governments should pay attention to solving the immediate problems of today, avoiding the risk of dire consequences if inadequately addressed, besides, insofar as there are accessible approaches. On the other hand, governments should spare no efforts to focus on anticipated problems for the future, which originate those troubles in store for us. Otherwise, these remaining problems, which we used to ignore, would reinforce the vicious cycle of countless fresh problems resulting from those predictable but untreated ones.

Governments, as administrators of the economic beings, play the role of dealing with the conflict between our infinite desire and comparatively limited resources. And we social beings have to face a variety of exisiting immediate problems every now and then. When it comes to the decision about which one to focus or which one to ignore, our choice should be considerable enough and based on the trade-off economically. Beginning late in the 1970s, the United States experienced a series of economic shocks and demographic changes that caused economic inequality to rise sharply over the last four decades. That may contribute to hurt the basic belief, which the Americans enjoy boasting of, that all humans are born to be free and equal. Anyway, problems that concern the general welfare should be prioritized. And governments should put the unpractical problems aside, such as to build a Utopia, and focus on their paramount obligation to solve those pressing problems.

However, governments should not get themselves bogged in their current situations. Instead, they should build a strategy planning, which focus on the anticipated problems for the future, and what counts most is, that provides a base from which progress can be measured and established a mechanism for informed changes when needed. That is why our governments take HIV as a long-term combat but not a fight. There are reasons for governments to devote the majority of their efforts to the coming problems. First of all, to focus on the problems of the future is to prevent the lethal sequential results of those butterfly effects. As is known to all, invisible hole in the sand could cause a collapse, so could problems we faced today. If the White House studied the possible consequence of the bad credit loans and consumerism, the financial crush of 2008 could be avoided. And, to focus on the predictable problems is to seize the preemption of the future. Clinton's insight wisdom made America take the advance of the Internet boom, as a result Americans born today still benefit from that. Finally, try to solve the anticipated problems of the future is to conquer our limitation of knowledge. Admittedly, there is no certainty of the future. All thoughts about the anticipation or prediction is just case of probability theory. Simply put,only focus on the anticipated problems of the future could us found out the surprise what is beyond our anticipation.

From the discussion above, we can easily arrive at the conclusion that the governments should not ignore the immediate problems of today, but also put more efforts to the anticipated problems of the future.

GRE issue
pleasure for being a new soul here
regards

Home / Writing Feedback / the immediate problems of today OR anticipated problems of the future