IELTS: Impact of cooking subject

Scientiana 12 / 43 10  
Topic: In some schools or colleges, cooking is taught to both boys and girls. How does it affect people's habits in their adult life?

Cooking is a subject that is generally taught to children at home by their parents. However, in some schools or colleges, children of all genders are able to learn to cook from their teachers. This change will influence people's routine when they become adults.

The main effect of the introduction of cooking subject at school to all children is the raise of awareness of girl's job. Therefore, men will understand the difficulty of their wives' work and will offer to share housework with their wives after married, which provides more free time for their wives to participate in various kinds of activities in society. In fact, sharing the cooking chore does not only help to ease the pressure of housework on women, but also bring happiness to the family because sharing is a method of expressing love. For example, as the husband and the wife take turn to cook the meals, both of them will be able to have time to give advice and interact with their children, so the children will not feel neglected and be raised up well and have good manner.

In addition, teaching cooking to both genders can eliminate the sex discrimination in society. In fact, cooking was regarded as girl's job in the past and was taught to girls only. Thus, as it is taught to both boys and girls, the equity of both genders is illustrated through this and girls are not discriminated by their community.

Furthermore, if people know how to cook food themselves, they will now enjoy going to restaurants, which will save a lot of money. Indeed, those who know how to cook have more pleasure with the hand-made food than the restaurant food because they feel safe and proud of the food they cook themselves.

To sum up, educating cooking at school to both boys and girls is a very positive development and it has a lot of good impacts on people's habit in their adult life. It makes men to be able to share housework with their wives as well as eliminating gender discrimination in society.

I appreciate all comments. Thanks in advance.
peterc 14 / 52  
Hi Scientiana,

Firstly you should avoid repeating the words in the question. I guess you use "cook" too many times.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi, I personally liked your essay. The ideas were good and appropriate . Good job, but I think for improving the essay you should use more complex sentences. In addition, one part of the score of writing in the IELTS test belongs to lexical resource (vocabulary) that you should improve it.

Regards
A. Zafari

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Impact of cooking subject