The impacts of technology in today's education system

DragonGod123 1 / -  
My opinion on electronic devices in relation to academics is that they are a huge hindrance. Unfortunately, with today's widespread use of tablets or smartphones, digital devices have become an inseparable part of our lives. The reasons why I believe that electronic devices hinder students in their studies are that they provide a constant distraction, and could even lead students to be addicted to technology and be influenced by social media.

Leading off the argument, electronic devices are a constant and incessant distraction, as they are connected to a myriad of content, each with their own niche, which leads to students being attracted to them. As students get engrossed with their tablets or smart phones, they spend an ever diminishing amount of time on their studies, inherently leading to poorer grades. Evidence of this can be found in academic institutions all over the world, where there is usually a clear distinction in academic results between students who use their devices regularly and student who rarely use this devices. With support from evidence, we can see that the distraction factor of electronic devices causes students to spend lesser time on their studies which adversely affects their results. Therefore, those who can resist the temptation of electronic devices are better placed to do well in their studies.

Another reason why digital devices are a hindrance to students is the popularity and influence of social media. In the mordern era, social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin run rampant on the internet. As students nowadays have nearly infinite access to the internet, they are exposed to such sites and the radical ideologies which comes with them. Although social media in theory is not an evil, the reality is that the opinions of different people on different subjects can negatively alter a student's perception of a wide range of issues. One possible scenario is that someone writes a very convincing argument on why studying is unnecessary. As adolescents, most students tend to be easily influenced by such arguments, which results in a disinterest and loss of motivation in terms of academic pursuits. People in general like to listen to what they discreetly feel, and articles against studies that targets students are like bread with butter, resulting in a changed perception on academic matters, thus affecting their grades.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are those who hold the argument that students can use their mobile devices to search for academic material. While that idea is positive, the reality remains that students either use researching as a guide to play games and surf the internet, or they may initially have the intention to research on school-related material, but the deadly lure of technology might lead them to deviate from their original plan and end up spending countless numbers of hours wasting their time on mundane and unproductive activities. I can agree with this, as I myself have fallen victim to the succubus known as technology. Therefore, from my personal experience and that of many students from different places all over the globe, this invalidates the immature and idealistic argument that students can use technology to advance their academic interests.

In conclusion, electronic devices such as tablets or smartphones hinder students in their studies, as they distract students and influence their ideology. I would like to end off with a call to action to all students. I believe that electronic devices in the field of studies will negatively affect us, and we should do our best to resist the temptations and strive to excel in our academic work, lest we get struck down by the behemoth known as technology.
ROBINPHILIP 5 / 7 2  
Hi !, A good essay, enough length..
I can add my in put ,

Unfortunately, with today'recent s widespread use of tablets or smartphones, digital devices have become an inseparable part of our lives. integral part of our day today life.

The reasons why I believe that electronic devices hinder students in their studies arethat because they provide a constant distraction, and could even lead students to be addicted to technology addition and be negatively influenced by social media.

You have a apt choice of vocabulary and phrases ..
My feel is that by effort your can improve the sentences a little more smooth - by avoiding parts like
( eg." the reasons why I believe " )
HI Xavier, WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, I hope you find this website essential to your essay writing as well as any other writing exercises, this forum is aimed at providing students and writers alike with constructive criticisms in order to assist you with your writing needs.

Moreover, the essays posted here can be used as reference for a healthy comparison and as an idea to your future essays. Going back to your essay,

I believe it is written well, the information you provided truly expressed your idea and how you picture technology and its evolution, how it affect our daily existence and how it co - exist with the advancement of time.

Moving forward, I'm just not sure with the length of the essay, I must say it's quiet long, however, the good thing about it is that, you didn't loose the idea as well as the sequence of the essay. Your strict input and emphasis on the important information is very vital in keeping a strong approach to the prompt.

Once again, job well done!

Home / Writing Feedback / The impacts of technology in today's education system