The importance of having both the certificate of TOEFL and IELTS

Kholil_PullnBear 1 / 2 1  
Hi.. This is me Kholil. Nice to meet you all, I'm new here. I want to discuss in this forum.

These days, quite a few people are really interested in doing the TOEFL and IELTS examination for their several purposes. They take the examination either in the nearest location of the test or in the off-site testing. This essay will clarify the benefits of taking the TOEFL and IELTS examination.

TOEFL has several features that you may take according to your purposes. They consist of PBT, CBT, ITP, and IBT. The four features have different benefits you may gain. First of all, PBT (Paper-Based Test) is only used for training. If we apply for a Job using the certificate, it will only be in vain because the government does not regard it as the official testing result. CBT is quite similar to PBT, but CBT is now completely removed because it is not used any more. Since PBT and CBT have been removed, ITP and IBT have considerable benefits for you to use them both in getting accepted at a university and in applying for a job. ITP (Institutional Testing Program) might be used for applying local jobs. If you are interested in one of the jobs-Teaching English Jobs, for example-you will need to have the ITP Certificate. It is used to assess your ability in English whether or not you are competent in English. In addition to applying for a job, you might also use the ITP Certificate for getting accepted at one of the Universities you have been dreaming of. Besides ITP, IBT (Internet - Based Test) has potential benefit that you may use both for job and for University. The test is quite challenging and you need to prepare and practice it regularly to obtain a good score in IBT.

Since the ITP has several good benefits, IELTS does too. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) which is held by ESOL Cambridge is now very popular in the world. The testing system in IELTS is a bit different from TOEFL. The English being tested in IELTS is mixed. It consists of British, American, Australia, and New Zealand. IELTS also has four sections namely Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. There are many benefits you may obtain from taking the IELTS Examination since IELTS has two items: Academic Training Module and General Training module. First of all is Academic Training Module. If you do IELTS, the certificate you win after doing the examination--particularly Academic Training Module-might fully be used to apply for the outstanding universities in the world such as Cambridge, Oxford, California University, Sheffield University, and etc. Whereas the General Training Module is used for those who have desires to apply for some jobs. If they take the General Training Test in IELTS, their certificates of IELTS are fully acceptable in many companies especially abroad. Furthermore, IELTS also prevails to administer the meets of immigration to some countries such as Australia, Inggris, Canada dan New Zealand. The score in IELTS is varied. It depends on the policy of the countries.

In brief, both TOEFL and IELTS have the same purposes; you might use both of them for applying jobs and Universities. The difference is that IELTS is quite popular and accents being used in test are varied. This is also more acceptable in British. Whereas TOEFL is currently very common. Also, it is more acceptable in America.

Please make a comment about my writing !
Achmad, I guess one of the things that you have to learn about essay writing is that you must pose a question as a hypothesis before you decide to write an explanatory essay. What is the reason behind your desire to write this paper? Who is your target audience? What do you hope to have the reader understand when they finish reading the paper. These are considerations you have to present in your thesis statement, which comprises the first paragraph.

The thesis statement will actually help you organize your paragraph discussions by offering your a chance to divide the paragraphs into topic statements. At the moment, your essay is very good in delivering information but you need to better organize your thoughts in a coherent manner. That should also be presented in a chronological manner in the essay.

At the moment, you have room to do that in your essay. However, you should know how to divide your paragraphs because right now, the essay is quite difficult to read since your thoughts are all strung together in one continuous read. That makes it difficult for the reader to track your thoughts and the important matters you are presenting. Try to improve this essay using the suggestions I have made for you. I am sure it will help you with your essay development somehow.
OP Kholil_PullnBear 1 / 2 1  
Thank you for the great compliment as well as the constructive suggestion Mr. Holt. I will learn it more from you..

Home / Writing Feedback / The importance of having both the certificate of TOEFL and IELTS