Task 2 -IELTS- It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong..

mersad 8 / 14 6  
It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?
What sort of punishment should parents and teachers be allowed to use to teach good behavior to children?

Generally, ethics is considered to be a sole human-perceived fact thus one of the most valuable achievements of human. Rightness and wrongness of something is judged through accepted moral standards. Historically, "punishment and reward" system were used to encourage people to obey these standards. This approach still influences on human mind and is commonly used, in particular, for upbringing children. Although, corporal punishments, correlating with psychology, are strictly banned, I strongly believe some behavioral-boycotting regulations not only are necessary, when children break the codes, in raising process, but effectively also foster their perception of reality.

There are some psychological methods to force children to halt an inappropriate action such as time-out technique, which is kind of ignorance, and also to avoid giving them what they pleaded. In addition to such soft punishable reaction, the reward, which is even more effective, is recommended to be utilized by parents or teachers. For instance, parents promise their offsprings that will buy children's favorite toys, if they behave positively.

On the other hand, corporal punishments used commonly in the past, has much of destructive impressions on children's mind. Parents bear much of responsibility for fostering their offsprings. They are strongly requested to instill confidence and self-respect to them whereas physical punishment completely damages their self-esteem. Take, a child who said an offensive term, for example. There are three attitudes here. First of all, corporal humiliating berating, which has been already evident, contrary to those' expectation, that has tremendous consequences. The second is passive reaction of parents against the child. This behavior paves the way for further insulting and that is why most of parents lose their positive influence on their children. The last alternative but not the least is to operate some psychologists-recommended regulations including soft punishment- or reward-oriented reactions. It should be noted, even though mother or father relented, they has to apparently be serious and strict.

To recapitulate, parents are strongly asked to be source of nurturance and security for their family and that is why they are recommended to utilize reward system or utmost soft-behavioral punishment, rather than corporal, to teach their children to distinguish the true and false. As a result, parents, who have physical punishment-oriented approach in upbringing their offsprings, first have to be stopped and then convinced to solicit experts for help.
Hi Mesad, upon reading and understanding your essay, I must say that you were able to create an essay with a good argument.
The essay is backed by facts and you did a very good elaboration of this facts into the paragraphs.

Indeed, children need to learn the wrong and right way to live life.
The more they are exposed to the examples of both aspects of life, the more they learn and this goes with age.
Generally, as a person grows, he is more susceptible to the changes and the influence pf the environment and this
will open his eyes to life and it's perks. Eventually, he will accept the facts of life and change the way things are when he

he finds out the he is against it.

There you have it Mersad, I hope this insights are valuable and will be helpful in your revision.
amour /  
They are strongly requested to instill confidence and self-respect to them whereas (,) physical punishment completely damages their self-esteem.

Mersad I would say your essay is really good, I like the way you show your opinion, however be aware on punctuation :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2 -IELTS- It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong..