IMPORTANT FACTORS TO CHOOSE A JOB.

frenchfries 7 / 18  

salary in a work consideration

topic: When choosing a job, the salary is the most important. To what extent do you agree or disagree ?

Career choice is one of the most important decisions people have to make carefully. Some people believe that the income is a key factor to secure a job. From my perspective, I disagree with the statement. My view is there are certain aspects which are more significant than the salary when people choose their jobs.

First of all, a passion for one job plays an indispensable role when people decide their occupations more than high salaries. In other words, career choices must be based on people's likes and what they have burning desires for. Job seekers should look for careers which are suitable with their personalities and their dreams instead of following high-paid jobs. Simply because a favorite career gives rise to high job satisfaction. It creates joyfulness and make employees delighted in working. As a result of high job satisfaction, workers will run their business more efficiently and in a much more productive way. Employees will be motivated to work and be creative during working time as they are doing what they have passions for. It is obvious that career choices will affect long-term life. Staff may, therefore, torture themselves with stress and negative emotions if they have well-paid jobs but not their passions.

Another criterion when seeking an occupation is working conditions. Even though handsome income will help workers to meet their requirements, they will certainly have a sense of dissatisfaction if they have to work in primitive conditions. For instance, the company lacks modern devices and updated machines, which helps worker conduct effectively. The shortage of equipment may cause the staff become exhausted to fulfill their tasks. Moreover, attitude of co-workers is vitally important when the work needs staff cooperation. People may get demotivated if they cannot get along well with their co-workers. It is inevitable that a good working environment results in the efficiency in working. Consequently, job seekers should look for a favorable working conditions which provide people an incentive to work harder in place of a high salary job but cannot work satisfactorily.

All in all, although it is necessary to find a career which offers a high sum, I personally think that job satisfaction is by far the most important, including a work that people are interested in and work atmosphere. Workers cannot apply an occupation without considering about what they have strong feelings for or how good the working conditions are. Consequently, when applying a job, aside from the salaries, job satisfaction must be taken into consideration.

Thanks in advance!!
Linh, you have done an excellent job of discussing this topic. Your language use and control is admirable and helped you to create a higher level of English writing, regardless of the minimal existence of grammar issues in your paragraphs. This is one of the few times that the essay writer has been able to accurately discuss and represent the prompt requirements to the point where the discussion presented actually has serious consideration value. The examiner will immediately notice that you took the time to perfect the writing of this essay which, by the way, could easily score anywhere between a 6 and a 7. It is this perfection that makes me wonder if you wrote the essay within the time limit or if you wrote it without regard for the actual exam parameters. If you wrote this beyond the required time, I strongly suggest that you try to write this way while practicing the time requirement. There is not much to critique in this essay because you show a clear understanding of the prompt and the ability to form simple to somewhat complex English sentences. Good job!
OP frenchfries 7 / 18  
thank you so much for your suggestions and your advice, I will practice writing the essays in the required time.

Home / Writing Feedback / IMPORTANT FACTORS TO CHOOSE A JOB.