Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

It is important for host country to keep their culture identical (IELTS TASK 2)

Windachan 13 / 18 5  
I need some corrections in my essay here...

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both these views.

The different cultures by some parts in the world are the essence of various human civilizations, which make people have come to recognize on a global level. While some people believe that visitors to other countries should accept and follow the local culture, others disagree and think that the host country should welcome the differences cultural. However, I personally believe that it is important for host country to keep their local customs and behaviour as their identity.

Basically, learning a new culture might be difficult and need much time. For example, Kajang a small place of South Sulawesi have a unique culture. Their tradition makes visitor should wear black clothes and "Walking Backward" for entering this village. As a result, some visitors find it hard and exert an influence with the declining number of visitors.

In addition, learning the cultural differences is needed for some people to open wider knowledge. For instance, the foreign culture from developed country, US, UK, Japan is essential to be known because it might have strong relation with their development of advanced technology such as high discipline attitude. It is possible to drive visitor do this attitude as well. As it can be seen, this trend is useful for improving knowledge in intercultural sharing.

On the other hand, keeping our cultural identity is dominant action for tourism places which a culture should be followed by visitors, namely assimilation. Firstly, it is beneficial for visitors to learn more new cultures using "learning by doing" method. For example, in Toraja, Indonesia, some visitors will be attracted by some spectacular scenery in there, although they should follow its culture when visit a historical places or join in a local celebration.it is possible make visitors learning more a new culture. Secondly, essential maintenance of culture is possible to give indigenous people earning much money since visitor will purchase some souvenir. Take Dayak ethnic group in Kalimantan, Indonesia, as an example. Some visitors should wear their custom clothes when they lived on this place.

The aforementioned evidence shows that although host countries should welcome with other difference cultures, they should consider the aim of keeping cultural identity. I would argue that, keeping own culture will make the areas to be famous in International views and give more benefits for local income. Where possible, government should pay more attention to this advisement for saving identical of culture.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is important for host country to keep their culture identical (IELTS TASK 2)