Who are more important? Older people or children (IELTS)

devabe2005 46 / 97  
Question:
In certain cultures old age is considered to be more important while in others it's the opposite, children are thought to be more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Answer:
Old age and children are both filled with happiness. Some people believe that older age is significant while others think that children are more crucial stage in a life period. In this essay, I will explain both the views in detail.

Undeniably, older people are experience, matured, intelligent, in all the aspects of life. They show path to youngsters. They play major role in family decision. For example, in India elders are imperious decision authority in a family, they are important factor in all the actions in the family. Moreover, they have imperative qualities such as good morals and ethics, truthfulness, sincerity and respect and inheriting such quality to the young people. They can tackle any problems with their profound knowledge and wisdom.

On the other side of the coin, children are energetic, smart, optimistic, enthusiastic, dedicative to their goals and future of our world. Their activities always are fun and grasp abstract concepts and apply logic in various scenarios. They need appreciation, availability and acceptance from others and extra-ordinary care from parents. Government supports free education for children as they are the prospect citizens. Youngsters are assertive, innovative, updated with technological skills. They are buttress to the society.

To conclude, by analyzing both the view, in my opinion older and younger age are valuable to the society. They contribute most of the happiness, love, affection, compassion to the society. It is difficult to differentiate old and young age both play vital role in the community.
dauren95 1 / 4 1  
if it is your own essay,I envy you),cause in my opinion your response deserves at least band of 8 on IELTS.
Old age and children are both filled with happiness.

.... In the way this idea is presented it sounds a bit out of the topic and irrelevant. So it fails to set up a clear link with your next idea or the topic. Either you should remove this sentence or put it in a manner that it supports your next idea.

Some people believe that older age ismore significant while others think that children are more crucial stage in a life periodimportant as they represent the future

When you contrast and compare, you need to use the words like "more", "better" etc.

Home / Writing Feedback / Who are more important? Older people or children (IELTS)