What is more important. Spending money in building skyscraper or funding some public services?

La Baso 15 / 22  
In this day and age, although many citizens argue that the importance of the city is having many tall modern buildings, I strongly believe that a significant amount of budget should be more spent on improving public services such as hospitals and schools.

With regard to the amazing edifices, some inhabitants believe it is acceptable for one main reason. They think that a city which has impressive buildings is a representation of its advantageous. A good example for this is Dubai. Since built the greatest skyscraper, the place has been well-known to the worldwide as the greatest advancing area. Hence, it is normal if the city spent much money in creating tall building to show its progressive.

However, I do not believe this notion stands up to scrutiny. This is due to the fact that public services such as hospitals and schools determine the quality of life and advance. Taking Jakarta as an example, since the government has been cutting back on public spending, it has negative consequent that reduces the number of hospital services and teachers. This can result a dramatic drop in the health of the city along with educational standard. It is thus clear that ensuring a large proportion of funds which is spent on public services is extremely vital.

To sum up, it is evident that there is no doubt if the city spends much money in building skyscraper to prove its the way of life, however; I believe that increasing the quality of public services is more crusial. Hence, people should maintain their hospitals and schools growing.
nurannisaputry92 36 / 27 2  

In these modern era, some inhabitant assume that large number of high-rise building such as skyscraper influence the quality of life in city. I strongly believe that tremendous expenditure should be spent on improving public services such as hospitals and school since it is essential also to enhance the productivity of citizens.

having = non progressive verb, if you use it in continues tense, it will has different meaning... please check and look for non progressive word in google

some inhabitants believe that/which it is acceptable for one main reason.

please, try to explain your explanation well in each paragraph...
you do not have strong position

With regard to the amazing edifices, some inhabitants believe it is acceptable for one main reason. They think that a city which has impressive buildings is a representation of its(your explanation doesn't unclear... you have to explain the reason why the high-rise building give advantages for society, maybe to facilitate the activity of citizen, or so on)

suggestion:
you should repair your introduction first, i already given one example above about introduction.

keep learning and writing....

Home / Writing Feedback / What is more important. Spending money in building skyscraper or funding some public services?