IELTS 2:How important is it for students to have homework??

sush2 4 / 11 1  
Topic: Why do you think teachers give homework to students?How important is it for students to have homework?Are there any other ways of revising school lessons?Perhaps homework should be abolished?Give your opinion about this?

Many people are of the opinion that homework is essential for students to keep them in touch with academics effectively, where as others hold a view that children's association with studies should be restricted to school and may not be carried out to home. I completely agree with the statement that home assignments are crucial for any child to practice and memorize their knowledge.It would be further analyzed in detail below.

In my view point, teachers give exercises to students to complete at home so as to make sure that they focus on studies even after school and to improve their efficiency in academics. Also, this practice will let parents to observe how their children are performing in studies and to know their weak subjects if any. As a result of this, parents can take special care of those weak subjects and arrange separate tuition for that subject in order to improve it.For instance, I was weak in Mathematics at school days and my parents came to know this while I was doing my home work. Then they sent me to tuition which helped me to improve myself.

Further more, assignments are helpful for self assessment. Each student would come to know where they stand in their progress, if they take up these exercises at home without assistance of a teacher or other students. So that, they would understand how much effort they need to put to be on par with rest of the class.For example, a student can easily ascertain his abilities by working at home everyday and can get necessary guide from teachers the next day itself if he is unable to replicate what he thought at class on that day.This will enable them to better understand future lessons,which are dependent on previous topics.

Though there are other forms to revise lessons like monthly exams and yearly exams, these are not as effective as daily practice at home.It is not possible to an instructor to examine each student on a daily basis whether they are following the lessons or not.So it is our own responsibility to self evaluate ourselves and of course this duty lies with parents too.This can be achieved be having home works.

In Conclusion, I insist that giving students home assignments is a way of providing a chance to self assess them and in long run encouraging them to outperform in the class by overcoming their own drawbacks. Thus the idea of removing homework completely is not supportable.
Apsari 7 / 20 1  
Many people are of the opinion that homework is essential for students to keep them in touch with academics effectively,

... in this sentences you have 2 to be. Actually you cannot do it because u fix it in the wrong sentences.
For example :Many people believe the opinion about homework is an essential for students to keep them in touch with academics effectively.

where as others hold a view that children's association with studies should be restricted to school and may not be carried out to home.

I don't understand with this statement maybe you can make clearly or you can phrase from the question and than you can put your opinion.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Many people are of the opinion that homework is essential for students to keep them in touch with academics effectively, where as others hold a view that children's association with studies should be restricted to school and may not be carried out to home.

I think you've arranged this sentence well, but I suggest not to write a sentence too long, here you put more than two connector, it will be better if you separate them to be 2 sentences

Further more Furthermore, assignments are helpful for self assessment

Thus the idea of removing homework completely is not supportable.

Thus the idea of removing homework is completely not supportable
Many people are of the opinion that homework is essential for students to keep them in touch with academics effectively, where as others hold a view that children's association with studies should be restricted to school and may not be carried out to home. I completely agree with the statement that home assignments are crucial for any child to practice and memorize their knowledge.It would be further analyzed in detail below .

Good intro - only the last line is not necessary as the reader anyway expects you to do that. It does not add much value to your flow and I feel your intro reads better without that sentence :)

Also, this practice will let parents to observe how their children are performing in studies and to know about their weak subjectsareas if any

You write very well and can aim at a good band :)
Each student would come to know where they stand in theiras they progress, if they take up these exercises at home without assistance of a teacher or other students.

It is not possible tofor an instructor to examine each student on a daily basis whether they are following the lessons or not.to ensure that they have understood the lessons properly.

You write well... how about time? Were you able to finish this essay on time?

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2:How important is it for students to have homework??