Imposing restrictions on the acceptable amount of trash may reduce the amount of waste

gigiqarib 1 / 1  
GRE practice essay on 'Restriction of waste disposal to check environmental problems'

Hi, help me with the issue topics for the analytical writing section of the GRE . Please feel free to criticize.

The best way to solve environment problems caused by consumer generated waste is for towns and cities to impose strict limits on the amount of trash they will accept from each household.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and / or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The statement argues that imposing restrictions on the acceptable amount of trash being discharged from each household may reduce the amount of waste for the municipal community but it is hardly justified to think that it can reduce the amount of waste as a whole, since such solution may result in other problems like unethical ways of garbage disposal by uneducated population. It is true that the less the garbage, the better environment, but no one can stop people from making trashes as long as they are not aware of the proper ways of consuming and disposing.

Although strict limits on accepting certain amount of trash would be beneficial to the municipal community, it's not a good policy to force people to generate less garbage. Instead, it may result in uneducated population using unethical ways of disposing their wastes. One may not be able to control the amount of trash he is producing, but can be taught how to separate these trash into proper segments so that it can be recycled.

Moreover, this is governments and municipals' duty to educate and enlighten its population about right ways of disposing garbage. They have the responsibility to make people aware of environmental problems and how they can take part in solving them. As the saying goes "make me do and I rebel", it can be understood that there has been no time in history where forcing people to do something without having enough knowledge about it could solve any kind of problems.

In spite of enlightening and educating people, towns and cities should take some other policies too. We can apply the principles of "reduce, reuse and recycle". We should teach people not to toss everything into trashes. Sometimes one can give his books, clothes or some other items that can be reused to charities or people who are in need of those things. So it's necessary to teach them what can be reused instead of being disposed and how one can reduce generating extra garbage. Towns and cities should also look for newest recycling technologies so that all these wastes don't simply cause environmental problems.

Conclusively, imposing limits on waste one generates defiantly is not the best solution for towns and cities to reduce the amount of trash and the environment problems. Instead, People should be educated and enlightened so that they can separate different types of garbage; it also helps using unethical ways of waste disposal to be reduced. lastly along with helping the poor , the environmental problems reduce only by giving items one doesn't need any more to charities.
abdasyari93 9 / 19  
Hello @gigiqarib, I would like to give you some suggestions.

Here my advice:

1. It is true that the less the garbage, the better environment, >> It is true that the less of garbage will make better environment,

2. Moreover, this is governments and municipals' duty to ... >> Moreover, this is governmental and municipal's duty to ...
3. lastly along with helping the poor , >> Lastly along with helping the poor,
andika08 81 / 80 16  
Hello
You have a good summary
I have some corrections

... restrictions on the acceptable amount of trash being (...) may reduce the amount of waste for the municipal (...) it can reduce the amount of waste as a whole,...

It is true that the less of the garbage, the better ...

Although, strict limits on (...) municipal community, it's it is not a good policy to force people ...
... uneducated population using unethical uncommon ways of ...

Maybe you can choose similar word in sentence one.
And there is a comparison that not clear.

Home / Writing Feedback / Imposing restrictions on the acceptable amount of trash may reduce the amount of waste