TOEFL, It is impossible to be completely honest with friends.

kihong3625 1 / -  
Do you Agree or Disagree with the following statement? 'It is impossible to be completely honest with friends.' Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In our lives, people meet a lot of people. Some people remain as good friends or pass away like sand swept by a wave. Some of them like me or agree with my thoughts, but some of them don't. People believe that they can be dishonest not to make trouble with others. But the most of troubles come from being dishonest and a relation once start with dishonest usually end in dishonest.

To begin with, troubles and conflicts between friends happen when they are dishonest to each other. Actually a lot of people tell a lie to their friend to make them happy or not to hurt their mind. I always meet a lot of people working as a jazz musician. But the most difficult thing in this job is communicating with the other musical friend. For example, I was getting rehearsal with my band. But my friend didn't understand the new repertoire which I composed, and he couldn't play perfectly in the rehearsal. But I thought that he would be better than the rehearsal, so I didn't point out his any mistakes. Eventually, the bassist made a same mistake, so we messed up the gig and we have not played together since then. If I talked to him frankly, even it would hurt his mind, the gig would have been successful.

In addition, being honest with each other is true friendship. There is a word 'A lie begets a lie', which means someone who tells a lie to get through difficult situation do it again habitually. In my case there was a friend who had a habit of telling a lie. Even he was not a bad person, but a lot of friends couldn't trust him. Because even the purpose of being dishonest is whatever, it can't justify itself. As I said a lot of people tell a lie to their friends to make them happy or not to hurt their mind. However, most people are honest with their best friends because, the best friends can understand their mistakes and are able to forgive them. Actually, it is people not a situation which force them to be dishonest.

To summarize, troubles and conflicts between friends happen when they are dishonest with each other not being honest. Furthermore, when the relationship made with honest, it becomes true friendship. Of course, sometimes telling a lie or behave against mind can be seen better. But is it really a true relationship called friendship?
Well .... your introduction needs the following features to get a good score for you for this task.
Yes, you need to improve the essay structure if you aim at a good score. Follow what dumi has suggested above for the introduction. This the one she suggests for the overall essay and I think it is very logical and worth following.
aldebaran 8 / 17 2  
kihong3625:
Furthermore, when the relationship made with honest, it becomes true friendship

I would change to:
When friendship is based on honesty, it becames...

kihong3625:
Eventually, the bassist made athe same mistake
Actually a lot of people tell a lie to their friend to make them happy or not to hurt their mind.

In many instances, people tend to lie to their friends in view of not hurting them by telling them the bitter truth.

I always meet a lot of people working as a jazz musician.

...."people" is plural and " jazz musician" is singular... you need to maintain consistency :(

I always meet a lot of people working as a jazz musician. But the most difficult thing in this job is communicating with the other musical friendfriends in the music field.

This whole thing does not deliver a proper idea :( What is about between these jazz musicians ? You need to tell that here!

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL, It is impossible to be completely honest with friends.