Task 1. imprisonment in five counties between 1930 and 1980

Bob brother 15 / 22  
The chart compares the figures for imprisonment among five major countries in five decades. (1930-1980)

While the figures fluctuated over the period shown, it is noticeable that the USE had the highest number of prisoners. On the other hand, Great Britain had the lowest number of prisoners for the majority of the years.

According to the figures, the Great Britain prisoners had increased steadily from 30000 in 1930 to 80000 at the end of the period. On the other side, in Australia and New Zealand the

number of prisoners fell sharply just under 50000 in decade period. During the period, the number of prisoners increased gradually in three countries. (UK, Australia, New Zealand) These countries showed the similar number of

prisoners more than 60000 in 1970s.

Canada had the highest number of prisoners compared to other four counties. However this result decreased over the period
from 1930 to 1980 with fluctuation. Finally, the population of UnitedState prisoners increased rapidly from the beginning of
the year until the end of the period with again fluctuation.

Mowonight 9 / 19 3  
You need an overall, which sum up your task. Good luck!
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
The figures for = the proportion of

The chart compares the figures for imprisonment...

The bar chart provides information about the proportion of imprisonment...

Canada had the highest number of prisoners compared to other four counties.

Canada had the highest number of prisoners compared with other four counties.

Have a look at the word family for 'compare'
We are focusing on the usage, not meaning.
To compare to is to point out or imply resemblances objects regarded as essentially of different order.
To compare with is mainly to point out differences between objects regarded as essentially of the same order.
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
50000 in decade period.

... thirty thousand or 30 thousand

... The chart illustrates imprisonment level in five major countries over a-six decades from 1930 to 1980.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1. imprisonment in five counties between 1930 and 1980