Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

[Toefl] improvements in transportation will make daily life more convenient

Miffy 1 / -  
Traffic congestion in a narrow road costs people a long time to get rid of it; we even have to wait for a city bus for half an hour when we are in a somewhat remote place from the city centre. Despite the fact that sometimes a huge amount money is spent but makes no benefit, the fund invested on improving public transportation will bring noticeable advantages to both the citizens and government. Time will be saved and convenience will be provided. People hardly be on time for work in the morning since they are always involved in traffic jam; and the reason for why there are so many private cars on the streets are simply that people are not willing to take the city buses which have poor conditions. As well, the highway, which is the link between cities or even countries, can sometimes be a problem. Never should we forget that they play crucial roles when people travel. Last but not least, investment on the transportation will unquestionably acquire profits back to the government.

Renovations and improvements on transportation will make daily life more convenient than what we are involved in now. For example, in Hamilton, the only bus that we can take to go to downtown from the mountain is 33 whose schedule is the interval between two buses is more than 30 minutes. As a result, if we miss one bus, we have to wait for another 30 minutes since we have no other choice. More surprisingly, if people want to go to a mall which is actually 20 minutes' way from the mouintain, they have to spend 30 minutes go to downtown first and take another bus to go back to the mall, since there is no direct bus to the mall. Therefore, it is obvious that there are a lot of improving spaces for the public transportation. No matter what a scenic beauty it is on the mountain, people will avoid a residence there on the ground that precious time will be wasted on the way to other places. Thus, we need improvements on public transportations.

As I mentioned before, problems on highways should never be neglected since their cons will stunt people from travelling to other cities or neighbour countries and their pros will serve as effective encouragements. According to Thorndike's law of effect, people are motivated to buy products that produce positive events and avoid products that produce negative events. Applying it to the travel via highway, we will get the conclusion that people are willing to travel if it will not take a really long time on a car in order to reach destination and it is safe and inexpensive, vice versa. Hence, highways are important as well, governments ought to be devoted on a convenient, congestion-free, and secure highway engineering.

Last but not least, this investment will be a win-win deal on the ground that in the name list of beneficiariesgoverment ifself will be added in. When more citizens convert to public transportations, the government which runs the city bus company gets more profits. When more and more people get interested in travelling, on one hand they make profit in the highway toll, on the other hand the economic developments that stimulated by tourism will make headway. At any rate, with transportation system upgraded, the reputation of a city will be naturally promoted, as a result of which the effective government will be exalted and therefore advocated by the citizens.

The complaints and discontents about the present transportation system imply that improvements are in need. In conclusion, for the convenience of citizens, for the tourisms via highway, and for the profits earned by goverment at the same time, I strongly take the side as an exponent in the renovation of public transportation systems.

Home / Writing Feedback / [Toefl] improvements in transportation will make daily life more convenient