'impulse buyer' Do advertisements improve our lives ?

aliwu 1 / 1  
Now is technology era . We can live without technology . Thus, businessmen developed a new strategy which is advertisement to promote their products , so people can see easily advertisement on TV ,or their smart phones. If products or brands have show many times on TV and phones , people will leave an impressive image . As a result, they will buy things which they don't need ,or they have used . Therefore, I argue that advertising really motives us to buy many products , but these products we don't need .

To begin with , advertisements have vivid descriptions so that people are attracted by advertisements . There is research that why people always buy something they don't need. The scientists had 100 volunteers and two types of popcorns which are same products , but have different descriptions . One is attractive description and the other is less evocative . As a result, more half people bought vivid description . These people didn't think whether they have had it. In addition ,some companies invite celebrity to introduce their new products ,but new products don't have additional function. Because of celebrity , people don't consider prices and functions before they buy new products . Therefore, advertisements make people easily become impulse buyer .

Although advertisements can tell our new products, advertisements make our live become worse because we can't avoid buying bad products , some advertisements will make their bad sales of products become new products. For example, I have used a computer, but it always could not work . I decided to buy a new one. However, I bought the same products which only have different outlook because I was attracted by advertisements , I didn't find out it is the same. Thus , I spent a lot on money on my computer . I don't think advertisements improve my life . Instead , advertisements waste my time and money.

In sum, I think advertisement is a marketing tool to promote their sales . It can't give people better lives . Instead , advertisements function to encourage people to buy things they don't have to buy .
mithsal 3 / 4  
HI ALIWU! I have modified your first paragraph.

We are living in a technology era where it is impoosible for us to survive without technology.Thus, businessmen developed a new strategy which is advertisement to promote their products , which people can easily see on TV ,or their smart phones. If products or brands are shown many times, it leaves an impressive image. As a result, people buy things which they don't need ,or they have used . Therefore, I argue that advertising really motives us to buy many products that is not needed by us.

tell about how advertisments play psychologically on our minds and some good points about it as well.
i like the celebrity thing you wrote:)
Menchie 2 / 3  
Hi !
I think advertisements don't really improve our lives , it's sort of advertisements are just seducing consumers to buy their products, which we find so amazing and creative when they're doing the advertisements but in actual some of their products are just not really improving our lives. That's just my opinion.
OP aliwu 1 / 1  
To mithsal:
thank you help me to revise 1st paragraph and give me other idea

To Menchie:
I like your opinion which I want to write
xx10xx 1 / 4  
Hello, I have revised your essay:

We now live in an era where living without technology is impossible. Businessmen developed a new strategy to promote their products, and this is through advertisements that can be accessed in television and smart phones. Once a product has been shown many times, people leave an impressive image. They would go out and buy the product, then realizing it is something they don't need or would have to use. Therefore, I argue that advertising is very manipulative that it gets us to get the products we actually don't need.

To begin with, advertisements we see have vivid descriptions either by words or just the picture itself to get people's attention. Research shows why people always buy something they don't need. A group of scientists had an experiment with 100 volunteers and two types of popcorn. It is the same product but they have different descriptions. One popcorn have an attractive description and the other is less evocative. Results show that more than half bought the popcorn with the vivid description. In addition, some companies used celebrities to introduce and advertise their products. Because of these celebrities, most consumers wouldn't consider the price or the quality before buying the product. This shows how manipulative an advertisement could influence consumers.

Although advertisements can talk about new products, these would do us any good because of the pressure to purchase the product. For example, I have used a computer that could not work so I decided to purchase a new one. However, I bought the same product because I've seen the new outlook of it in an advertisement I got attracted to. I didn't care about the price nor did I wonder if it was the same. As a result, I spent a lot of money on a computer I've had before. Therefore, advertisements didn't improve my life. Instead, it wasted my time and money.

In conclusion, I believe advertisements are just a tool companies use to promote their sales but do not improve the lives of people. It is functioned to encourage and manipulate the minds of people to buy things they don't actually need.

---------------

Your essay is good :)
isai 12 / 111  
Good essay ..I could see the different usages of linking devices by xx10xx . well-revised essay

Regards
Cool, Salima! I'll do the others:

Although advertisements can tell spread awareness about our new products, advertisements also make our lives become worse because we can't avoid buying bad products. Some advertisements will make their bad sales of products become new products become popular. For example, I have used a computer, but it always failed to work.

However, I bought the same products which only have a different appearance, because I was attracted by advertisements.----Great example!!

In sum, I think advertisement is a marketing tool to promote their sales Too obvious! Replace this with a sentence that is not a statement-of-the-obvious.

function to encourage people to buy things they don't have to buy.---Great ending!
Danicalele - / 1  
I think AD has already affected our life, just like me. I usually buy thing according to the different ADS.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'impulse buyer' Do advertisements improve our lives ?