IELTS: Increase in overweight and decrease in health - Causes & Measures

nellylovekelly 4 / 7 2  
Hope to receive your opinions :)
In some countries, the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

The world has seen an increase in people's weight level along with the deterioration of health for a few decades, which has affected the whole society significantly. This essay will analyze the main reasons to this problem and the key to deal with.

Apparently, many culprits are to be blamed on this issue, some main of which are improper foods and unhealthy living habits. It is clear to see that in the busy modern life, a multitude of people state their preference for junk food rather than home - cooked foods by dint of time saving and convenience. However, such foods as hamburger, pizza and spaghetti contain high proportion of fat and cholesterol but are lacking in mineral and vitamins, while fresh vegetables and other farming produces are usually ignored. Therefore, the fact that more people, particularly in developed countries, have suffered from heart diseases and obesity is unavoidable. Besides, soft drinks provide much glucose we to our bodies, leading to sugar blood and overweight as well.

Obviously, the time has come for us to figure out some solutions to this matter. As the major reason is inappropriate sorts of food, the question is to make people aware of the essential role of healthy diet and consciousness of unhealthy food. Equally important, encouraging them to use more fresh food from agriculture and less genetically modified food to improve their health conditions through advertisements, health programs and social contests of food and diet. Moreover, the governments should motivate fast food companies to make progress in producing harmless products to serve the population.

In conclusion, it is unhealthy ready - food that mainly cause to higher average weight and lower levels of health. We should altogether try to prevent it by using nutritious food to improve our physical and mental conditions.
The world has seen an increase in people's weight level along with the deterioration of health for a few decades, which has affected the whole society significantly

Introduce your topic in a more simple and interesting manner without complicating your expression. Take lots of help from the prompt, but do not copy it one to one. You can rephrase it present that idea in a more convincing manner;

Overweight which results in deterioration of health has become an alarming threat to the world today.

This essay will analyze the main reasons to this problem and the key to deal with.

Rather than telling this, briefly mention the reasons for this issue.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Increase in overweight and decrease in health - Causes & Measures