Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Can increasing petrol's price deal with all the problem?---Cam 8 T3 WT2

Icecreamquest 6 / 15  
Topic:Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

What other measures do you think might be effective?

For the increasing traffic and pollution problems, some hold their views that rising price of petrol might be the best solution. But I cannot find my agreement in this regard for the following reasons:

It is true that increasing petrol's price may be the most simple way to balance the market's demand and supply. However, it would lead a possible problem. Costs of delivery would be directly increased due to the price's growth of petrol, as a consequence of accelerating costs of food, public transport and trade. Moreover, this method is based on the assumption of imbalance between demand and supply of petrol, but in fact pushing up its price would make more companies and stockjobbers being keen on purchasing and saving far more this kind of fuel for huge profits once shortage happens. Then wider gap between demand and supply would emerge without successfully solving traffic congestion and pollution.

I am not suggesting that controlling petrol's price is the least effective way. But a more comprehensive method should be used when facing these complicated problems. For solution of traffic problem, firstly the public transport system need to be improved and urban construction should be more reasonable and scientific. Actually most citizens nowadays would like to go out by public transportation rather than by their private cars , if a mature public transport system is completely accessible. For the reduction of pollution, new energies such as solar power, wind force or nuclear fuel have been commonly known but not widely used. Therefore, governments should be responsible for the promotion of using these new energies in order to reduce the use of traditional ones for protection of our environment.

Overall, it is the most urgent moment to save our planet which has being polluted each second, and similarly the traffic congestion has been negatively effecting the advancement of our society. However, we cannot deal with these problems only by oversimplified solution such as rising price of petrol, but through carrying out more efficient, viable and integral ways.

Please help to check up my writing, will very appreciate your help. Thank you so much in advance.

Home / Writing Feedback / Can increasing petrol's price deal with all the problem?---Cam 8 T3 WT2