"independence from their parents" - Should people live with parents ?

subhash_ghosh 11 / 29  
Topic:

Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible. Other young adults prefer to live with their families for a longer time. Which of these

situations do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

The question raised is indeed a thought provoking and an interesting one and when I ponder over the same, I reach the conclusion that it is always preferable for the young adults to live with families for as long as possible. In the following paragraphs, I will attempt to justify my stand and illustrate the same with examples.

First, when the young adults live with their parents, they can more easily attend to the needs of their parents such as taking them to a doctor, or helping them with several other daily chores. It is quite obvious that as our parents grow old, they require more assistance from us, and also some moral support. By staying with them, we can always make them feel happy and assured that they are not alone in their moments of need. Additionally, by giving them company, we can help them ward off the feelings of loneliness and depression.

Second, it is common knowledge that many young adults do not have enough maturity to handle their personal and professional problems and they often need thorough and reliable guidance to sort out their issues. In such instances, their parents and other family members can come to their rescue by providing them with the necessary advice and guidance based on their experiences and learning. It is quite possible that such emotional support will be available even from the best friends of the young people.

Third, there can be many situations in which staying with parents can be very beneficial for the young adults in more than one way. For example, if a couple having kids is working, they can easily remain free of worries regarding who will take care of their kids while they are in office. Simultaneously, the elderly people can also enjoy the company of their grandchildren.

Admittedly, it can be said that sometimes there are clashes between the young and the old, and in modern era, because of different priorities and schedule, adjustment can be difficult between the people of different generations. However, it ought to be remembered that personality clashes can be resolved through mature approach to relations and the differences in schedule and priorities can be also harmonized by people working together as a family.

Thus, in summary, the advantages of living together with the parents outweigh the positive aspects of living alone and independently from the family. To nurture happy and healthy families, it is essential that people learn to adjust and form close bonds with each other so that their company is mutually beneficial. As a result, we will surely witness a happy and healthy society in the long run.
hamsterlover26 2 / 4  
For example, if a couple having kids is working , they can easily remain free of worries regarding who will take care of their kids while they are in office.

That is the only part of your entire essay that I had a little trouble understanding. After reading it a few times I understood what you were saying, but maybe try rewording it.. perhaps like : if a working couple have children,

Other than that, your essay seemed very well written. I enjoyed reading it.
The question raised is indeed a thought provoking and an interesting one and when I ponder over the same, I reach the conclusion that it is always preferable for the young adults to live with families for as long as possible.

This sentenceis eloquent but inefficient!It takes too many words to express the thought. But it is so powerful to use brevity! Like this:
It is always preferable for the young adults to live with families for as long as possible.
How bold and influential it is when few words are used! :-)
Also, I agree with you! Kids should stay with parents as long as possible.

For example, if both parents are working, they can...
or
For example, if a couple has kids and both of them are working, they can easily...

:-)

This essay has great structure!

Home / Writing Feedback / "independence from their parents" - Should people live with parents ?