Toefl Independent Writing - "Never, never give up" means to keep trying and working for own goals

ackit 1 / 1  
This is writing task 2
The expression "Never, never give up" means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement.

There are a lot of virtues which are needed to succeed in any field. Some of them are hardworking, perseverance, tenacity, smartness. Although it is difficult to list these virtues in order, in my opinion perseverance is the most important quality to have because in the long run perseverance trumps other qualities. I agree with the author's statement that we should never be hesitant to keep trying to achieve our goals.

People with great goals know how difficult it is to achieve that goal. They know the amount of sacrifice which must be done in order to achieve that goal. Such goals cannot be achieved within a short amount of time. It is a long journey and failures are inevitable. For eg. to be the best in any sport is not an easy task. It is physically and mentally challenging. It takes years of hard work and sometimes even decades to become the best. On this path the person will definitely face failures. So should he quit? Imagine what would have happened if our favourite sportsperson decided to giveup after failures. We would not have got to witness their magic.

In my opinion, one of the main reasons for people giving up is that they think that their time and energy gets wasted along with other resources. People wonder if it is worth it? In my opinion it is worth it to keep trying because people often fail to realize the learnings which they get when they fail. A person who has failed multiple times has significantly greater knowledge than someone who has given up in the first attempt. Consider a young entrepreneur who failed to establish his company, While this is a failure in one aspect, think about the skill set he must have acquired while working on building his company, such as leadership skills, networking, communication skills. This improved skill set will definitely help him in his future endeveours.

Another downside of not trying is the regret which most people have afterwards. Many a times people give up too soon, only to regret their decision for rest of the life. But persevering for a long time is difficult. It is mentally straining. This could be overcome with a positive attitutde. So to conclude we should never give up on our dreams. Sooner or later we will achieve or goal.
In my opinion, one of the main reasons for people giving up

This is not really a required discussion point. It unnecessarily lengthens the discussion by veering off-topic. You should always stay focused on the actual discussion target. Rather,,start the paragraph for scoring reasons at:

it is worth it to keep trying

You don't need to keep saying that this is your opinion because the prompt has made that clear. So start at the topic sentence instead. The discussion relevant part.

But

Try to avoid using a conjunction to start the sentence. That is academically incorrect as the conjuction is used to connect 2 apposite ideas in one sentence.

So to conclude

This is not an IELTS test. A conclusion is not needed. You don't have to use this phrase. Instead, use a simple closing sentence to wrap the discussion. Just close. No need to summarize either.
OP ackit 1 / 1  
@Holt Thanks for the feedback.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl Independent Writing - "Never, never give up" means to keep trying and working for own goals