India shrine: Women enter Mumbai's Haji Ali after ban ends

ali26 1 / 5 1  

In India a group of women had entered the Temple of Haji Ali Mosque Mumbai, four years after they were banned by the people to understand Sufi. The high court in Mumbai has been set in August of the prohibition of "violating the constitution" and discriminatory against women. In recent months, India has launched a campaign about allowing women to be able to go to religious shrines.

Although women were allowed to enter the compound of the mosque Haji Ali, in 2012 the ban prevented them from entering the inner sanctum, which houses the tomb of the Sufi saint. Approximately 100 women have entered the temple on Tuesday, Zakia Soman rights groups Bharatiya Muslim Mahila Andolan (BMMA), told the BBC.

The BBMA has challenged the ban on women entering the temple of the 15th century in the Mumbai high court. Women from all over India have petitioned the court to revoke the ban and many of them were among the group who entered the mosque to pray, said Ms Soman. Campaigners say the decision male scholars' to keep the woman from the imposition of patriarchal religion in the name of religion.
vickynurhakim98 - / 5  
In India,(comma) a group of women had (...) were banned by the people to understand Sufi.follow Sufi.

Although,(Comma) women were allowed ...

Approximately,(Comma) 100 women have ...

Home / Writing Feedback / India shrine: Women enter Mumbai's Haji Ali after ban ends