Individual can do nothing to improve environment; only governments and companies can?

findthetime 5 / 9  
Indiviuals can do nothing to improve the environment,only governments and large companies can make a difference.
To what extent do you degree or disagree?

[anyone could help tp fix it...I found I didn't discuss more about the company things after I finish...so pls correct my mistake and

advise me the degree of the essay and tell me what's the weak point. THX!]

Nowadays environmental issue has always been the social concern because the degree of eco-problems is getting increasingly severe. So some people think the efforts that individual make are useless in better off the environment but it would be great change if government and large company take measure in combating the environmental situation. Overall, I personally think the topic is overly simplistic.

Admittedly, government and large companies have played a pivotal role in improving environment. With the monitoring and supervision of government, the laws and policy related to protection of environment can be implemented effectively. Likewise, by the efforts those companies make, especially for the chemical corporations with factories that involve their manufacture and production in eco-system. It would benefit the environment as a whole if these companies ensure the abidance of eco-friendly policy.

However, reaching the conclusion that government and company can contribute largely does not assume that individuals have few efforts for environment advancement. My own view is that personal awareness and behaviors are the significant key point that in improving environment. For example, those garbage pervade over the city such as plastic containers, littering and even household waste disposal without sorting, are due to that individuals and families do not have enough awareness on environmental protection. It would be great improvement if all individuals are able to behave themselves in eco-friendly life style. Furthermore, in some cases the efforts which government make are rather restricted in terms of degree of activity relating to policy and law, therefore, the cooperation and supervision from individuals can help it practice better. Last but not least, my own view is that a negation in personal impact on environment is also a denial on government practice. Without individual's efforts, the government's measure would not be implemented effectively, and without guidance and supervision from government, a person would not be able to behave themselves appropriately in improving environment.

In conclusion I think individuals play a significant role in protecting of environment, because they are indispensible in any activities in any measure of improving environment.
kelp0308 4 / 15  
First, there are many spelling errors.

Also, pay attention to the grammar.

Last, too much complex sentences which are not natural.
Nowadays means now. "Has always been" means "in the past." So... this is contradictory:
Nowadays environmental issue has always been ...

Just do this:
Nowadays, environmental issues represent an important social concern, because the ...

Overall, I personally think the topic is overly simplistic, because _____________________ (Give some explanation. This last sentence of the first paragraph has to express the main idea of the whole essay.

Admittedly, the government and large companies have played a pivotal role in improving environment.

It would benefit the environment as a whole if these companies would ensure the abidance by eco-friendly policies.

However, reaching the conclusion that the government and large companies can contribute ...

My own view is that personal awareness and behaviors are the significant key point that in improving environment. ----nice sentence! I like your idea.

For example, those garbage pervades the city, such as plastic containers, litter, and even household waste disposed of without any sorting, and these are due to the fact that individuals and families do not have enough awareness about environmental protection.

It would be a great improvement if ...

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Individual can do nothing to improve environment; only governments and companies can?