IELTS TASK 2: Individual sports or team sports is more beneficial? Discuss and give your opinions

nancy8510 1 / -  

Competition with the team or as a single player

Whether participating in team sports like football or individual sports such as tennis or swimming is a major topic of concern in today's world. While some people believe that playing individual sports is better, there are more persuasive reasons why people should also spend time playing team sports in everyday life.

On the one hand, there are some reasons to believe that taking time to play solo sports provides positive aspects. The primary reason is that it helps individuals to enhance their personal skills, not only helping them to manage emotions but also creating the ability to cope with stress. As a matter of fact, people tend to not rely on other support, in order to learn how to cultivate and maximize personal capacities in sports. Gymnastics, for example, each person is able to organize the schedule and be active in their daily practice, rather than depend on others and keep delaying the tasks. Another significant reason is that individual sports are good ideas for people who are interested in challenging activities, which enhance specific skills in setting goals and achieving their personal bests.

On the other hand, there is compelling evidence that each individual should assume the benefits of participating in sports that are played in teams. This is mainly because it provides opportunities to develop interpersonal skills such as communication and teamwork in social life. In other words, this helps people to build their confidence and self-esteem at the workplace or at school to achieve the best performance and tends to be highly recommended for a promotion in a company. In addition to this, team sports are able to create potential opportunities to develop a sense of unity and establish long-term relationships among their friends. For instance, playing in a football team makes them feel a part of something, after attending various competitions people could learn from their failures, realize their importance as a member of the team, and also reduce anxiety to create a positive environment in the game.

In conclusion, although it is often believed that people should take part in individual sports, there are stronger reasons why participating in team sports is also necessary. It is recommended that everyone should play sports that are most interesting to them, all sports are advantageous for people's mental and physical health in daily lives.
The prompt restatement is good but lacking one representative discussion. The writer should not have used a general reference point for the personal opinion as that was a required opinion presentation in the paragraph. The presentation compliance in that section could have been clearer.

There are too many reasons presented per paragraph. not all the reasons are clearly and completely developed though. That happens because of the brief second reasons in each paragraph. If there isn't enough room to fully explain the second reason, then do not present it. A better score is applied to a single full reason rather than 2 unevenly explained reasons.

The writer is explaining all of the opinions from a personal point of view. This is an incorrect format presentation as the validity explanation from a public perspective (They, other) disappears. The personal opinion is always presented as a 3rd paragraph or, as a part of the opposition /support statement at the end of the public opinion explanation.

The statement of recommendation is notgoing to help this essay because it is not a suggested discussion topic in the original. Always discuss per requirements only.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Individual sports or team sports is more beneficial? Discuss and give your opinions