IELTS essay -- individuals contribute to environment problems

bingle2012 7 / 11  
please help review my practice. thanks in advance.

Everyone believes that it is important to protect the environment however seldom do that themselves.
Why is it important to protect environment by ourselves? What action should we do?

Undoubtedly, environmental damage and pollution have been a pressing concern of the public for years. Yet, while governments and the industry have been spending more on protecting the environment, we see little effort of individuals to help combat this serious problem. In my opinion, individuals should and can do more to contribute.

Firstly, the modern lifestyle of people is rather environmentally ditrimental. The increasing number of privated owned cars, for example, have been widely acknowledged as the main source of carbon dioxide, the main green-house gas. In addition, our tendency of using conveinent packaging such as paper and plastic bags, and throwing them away after using once, has not only wasted considerable amount of resources, but increased the pollution to soil and water as well. This way of living must be changed if environment problems are to be solved thoroughly.

Even where the modern industry is blamed for having caused some environment damages, it is the conumers' demand that motivates their production. Therefore, if consumers can use goods in a more conservative way, the problems caused by industry can be alleviated at least. For instance, paper making factories are a major source of water pollution and deforestation in many developing countries. If two-side printing became a standard practice in the workplace, then the level of tree clearance and river pollution in those countries could be significantly reduced.

Therefore, a more environment-friendly lifestyle should be advocated. Minimising use of cars, avoiding using plastic bags and disposable goods whenever possible, and trying to reuse whatever can be reused, along with other things, may not produce noticable effects in environment protection when only one person practise them; however, if everyone does, it can be amost certain that the environment will be a far less worrying concern than it is now.
woyunsi3000 2 / 4  
we see little effort of individuals to help combat this serious problem.

we see little effort of individuals help to combat this serious problem.

The increasing number of privated owned cars, for example, have been widely acknowledged as the main source of carbon dioxide, the main green-house gas.

The increasing number of privately owned cars, has been widely acknowledged as the main source of carbon dioxide, the main green-house gas.

our tendency of using conveinent packaging such as paper

our tendency of using convenient packaging such as paper

Even where the modern industry is blamed for having caused some environment damages,

Even though the modern industry is blamed for having caused some environment damages,

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS essay -- individuals contribute to environment problems