INFLUENCE OF ADVERTISEMENTS ON CONSUMERS - CAUSES AND SOLUTION

kimsunoo 1 / -  
Essay topics:

Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies.

To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures can be taken to protect them?

As competition among companies about numerous advertisements has become further fiercer, consumers have been bombarded with them on a daily basis. In this essay, I will demonstrate the detrimental effects of these kinds of commercials before taking into consideration some practical solutions so as to mitigate this worse situation.

To begin with, among various problems related to the drawbacks of advertisements from competing entrepreneurs, two major ones will be apparently analysed. In the first place, it is obvious that commercials have a tendency to make their clients buy goods and products impulsively which make a contribution to their budgets. As a matter of fact, people in the middle and low class have frequently attracted by advertisements on account of eye-catching ads and misleading words. To cite an example for the latter, a large quantity of food corporations use strategic marketing methods by putting various billboards, running online ads about promotions with attractive benefits during purchasing experience without providing them with enough condition to apply for their coupons. Additionally, potential risks related to the security of customer database has turned into one of the most alarming issues in this aspect. On almost social networking sites, consumers are likely to face up with the invasion of privacy just by their accidental click on junk links and as a consequence, their information could be leaked to the homepage of advertisers and brings about a great deal of disturbance by their sales service.

Nevertheless, this situation can be eradicated by different practical measures that I will mention. In terms of individuals, residents may take some cautions in providing important personal information on online platform as well as raising self-awareness of the danger of cybercrime. In particular, users should minimize getting access to some alien links in order to prohibit viruses invading their gadgets. On the governmental level, authorities should enact stricter rights about the cyber security and control this serious phenomenon. Particular entrepreneurs should be forced to bear sole responsibilities for managing consumer database and governments give punishment as a civic role to the offender as a precaution with other circumstances to go on their illegal action.

In conclusion, people who drown in advertisements may be lured into purchasing unnecessary things and experience the leakage of their personal database. However, the proposed steps should be taken to eradicate the influence of advertising.
The prompt restatement should carry an academic tone and should not be using slang English words such as "bombarded". While the interpretation is acceptable, it should be more educated and representative of proper academic learning next time. The writer has not provided a scorable opinion statement as he did not provide summarized topic responses to the questions but only question paraphrasing. These do not fulfill the clear opinion statement requirement of the paragraph. Only a partial prompt restatement score will be applied.

Taking into consideration that the discussion restatement provided does not follow the original 2 questions, it is safe to say that the writer has completely altered the discussion targets. He cannot get a passing score for this essay as his discussion paragraphs are not suited to the provided writing instructions. An overall failing score will be given to this essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / INFLUENCE OF ADVERTISEMENTS ON CONSUMERS - CAUSES AND SOLUTION