Essay about the influence of international sports events on a country

phanngan 1 / -  
Topic:
Some people think that hosting an international sports event is good for the country, while some people think it is bad.

Discuss both views and state your opinion

In this day and age, there are conflicting views about the impacts of organizing global sporting competitions on a country. While some people believe that such events are detrimental to the host nation, I would argue that there are a number of merits that can be gained from those events.

On the one hand, major international sports events present challenges that the host country has to counter. Specifically, if the government of the host nation tends to embark on an infrastructure splurge, then it must curb public spending on hospitals, schools, and a welfare state to help the poor. To exemplify, spending a huge sum of money on constructing stadiums for the 2014 World Cup, Brazil now suffers from a deficiency of money to deal with the coronavirus pandemic. In terms of the environment, there will be a huge amount of waste discarded from stadiums and arenas built, which has adverse influences on the surroundings and the residents.

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that international sporting games are advantageous for the country. Particularly, such events might promote the economic prosperity of the country as the tourism sector can be potentially stimulated by attracting the influx of sports fans from all over the world. In other words, this is an opportunity to derive profit for hotels, restaurants, and businesses involved in sports merchandising. Moreover, it is a great chance for the host nation to gain global exposure and broadcast the culture of the country. For instance, since Sea Games 2003, Vietnam has been branded as a historic country with a diverse culture that broadens the impact of the nation on the global stage.

In conclusion, although sports events come at the expense of a few immediate problems, the benefits of economic and cultural promotion are of utmost significance.
When creating the prompt restatement, the writer must always review the prompt requirement. There are 3 statement that need to be represented. The 2 public opinions + the personal opinion. He cannot state one public + personal opinion alone. He must represent both public opinions in the restatement as it was mentioned separately in the original prompt prior to indicating his own opinion. The prompt restatement is going to be scored as inaccurate in reference to the original presentation.

The essay cannot be given a passing score since not all of the public views were discussed. The writer cannot be selective in discussion. His prompt deviation will result in the failure of the essay. His personal opinion may be merged with the public opinion he supports but he cannot skip a discussion of that public opinion in the correct manner in favor of just his personal opinion. That is not the correct nor expected response format.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about the influence of international sports events on a country