Living in a media-rich society. Essay about the influence of the media on our lives.

IELTS WRITING TASK 2
It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives.

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media-rich society.

In the era of technology, it is a fact that people have difficulty avoiding the impact of social networking sites. This essay will analyze both the benefits and drawbacks influences of using multimedia.

On the one hand, there are several reasons why becoming a netizen is beneficial. Firstly, it's pretty helpful for people to get online conservation in any nation owing to significant contributions to our lives, especially in the Covid-19 pandemic. In Vietnam, for instance, online learning makes pupils find it easier to gain knowledge than try to understand schoolbooks by themselves in pandemic times. Secondly, it can't be denied that people could effortlessly get considerable information from the media, which provides an enormous amount of information sources worldwide so that users could consume that information. To illustrate, we would be known the number of confirmed deaths and infected people from Covid-19.

On the other hand, there are a number of disadvantages of immersing in social media that people should take into consideration. The principal one is that the media has a negative impact on a child's growth, wherein, adolescents are more likely to be victims of cyber molestation than adults due to the early approach. For example, thousands of U.S. Internet users have personally experienced abuse leading to psychological diseases. In addition, people may be fond of watching movies or programs all the time and do not spend their time on outdoor activities, which can be the main cause of diseases in the future.

In conclusion, those disadvantages just controlled thoroughly, I believe that living in a media-rich society is a worthy advantage of modern life. However, we should make use of mass media reasonably to balance the cons and pros of this.
While other tutors advocate for the simple restatement of the discussion instructions in the prompt restatement, I have personally found, and my students who have passed their IELTS tests can attest to this, that it is always better to present a thesis statement, covering the discussion instructions instead. This is because the thesis statement shows how well the writer understood the prompt instructions, and offers an insight into what sort of discussion topics the writer will be using. Both of which are foundations for academic writing in UK and US colleges and universities. It shows how familiar a student is with the academic requirements of English speaking tertiary educational institutions. Your prompt restatement does not follow this format so it only shows the examiner that you can restate the prompt, but not really offer an early analysis and discussion of the topic, without going into details. This just proves that you are a good mimic, nothing more. It is the thesis statement that always boosts the score overall.
alicebui191 2 / 5  
I think instead of "it can't be denied", you can say "It is undeniable that..."
"Firstly, it's pretty helpful for people to get online conservation in any nation..." you mean "conversation"?

Additionally, you can also write about some noticeable issues such as cyberbullying, spreading unconfirmed rumors, etc. These issues are also the top concerns since they are the causes of many suicides.

Home / Writing Feedback / Living in a media-rich society. Essay about the influence of the media on our lives.