Influences of advertising - are these ads really necessary?

frenchfries 7 / 18  
Topic: The society would benefit from a ban on all forms of advertising because it serves no useful purpose, and even be damaging. Do you agree or disagree ?

Advertising should be more controlled and limited

In today's world, there are different categories of advertising, which have become more and more prevalent. Some people believe that if all advertising forms prohibited, citizens will be benefited in many ways due to its usefulness. From my perspective, I totally agree with this point of view because of a variety of reasons.

First of all, advertisements are time-consuming and popular, which makes people feel dissatisfied and disturbed. As all we know, there are numerous types of advertisements, ranging from adverts on TV channels and product placements to promotional campaigns. Undoubtedly, residents have to confront with them on a daily basis, which may cause people feel exhausted and annoyed. For instance, when viewers are focusing on watching a gorgeous film, every five minutes, products are brought by actors or actress as a symbol of advertisements such as Samsung smartphones. These product placements exist everywhere in the films, which may make viewers have a sense of dissatisfaction and their concentration may be interrupted instantly. Therefore, if the authority curbs advertisements, people will certainly feel relieved without worrying about the over-popularity of adverts.

Another reason is product-images on advertisements are quite distinct from the conditions of real items. It is inevitable that producers have to afford a huge amount of money to pay for adverts. They, as a result, have to lower the quality of the real items to make higher profits. Many companies take advantage of the luxury of the promotions to boost the conditions of their products. Customers are easily deceived by eye-catching appearances of goods on advertisements even though the real items are unqualified. As a result of advertising appeal, consumers will totally trust producers and purchase their goods without concerning about its true colours. Consequently, residents may use low-quality products, which might be made of chemicals or preservatives. It is obvious that those promotional campaigns introduces people misleading information of products while people always want to buy something have positive influences on their health. Consequently, advertisements should be forbidden due to its damage.

All in all, although all forms of advertising provides consumers general know-how about what they are pronch to buy, I personally think that those in control should limit them due to its detrimental impacts on people's life, including their emotions and their health.
Linh, a quick point of correction in the paraphrased opening statement. You contradicted yourself when you said that you agree that all forms of advertising need to be banned, but then state this should be done because of its usefulness. The term you should have used needed to be similar to the the original prompt which was "non-usefulness". Using the term "usefulness" contradicted the prompt statement. If you believe the ads are useful then you should have disagreed, not agreed with the statement given in the prompt. Your conclusion should not have tried to continue the discussion with new information either. A simple essay discussion summary restatement would have sufficed. The overall reasoning was good even though the grammar not as smooth as it should've been. Based upon this current work. Your score would probably be 4 due to the wrong paraphrasing but effective reasons that you provided and could have better developed.

Home / Writing Feedback / Influences of advertising - are these ads really necessary?